Exclude vertical walls from lasground output.

Quan Tran

Aug 13, 2021, 11:50:13 AM8/13/21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi, community,

I am looking for a good setting to exclude vertical and semi-vertical walls from the ground class.

Eg. running lasground_new.exe -i file.laz -step 10 -bulge 0.1 -offset 0.1 -o fileout.laz

Apologies on the colour
Ground.png

Any recommended settings to make the wall all grey would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Quan

Jochen Rapidlasso

Apr 20, 2022, 8:08:01 AM4/20/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Quan Tran,
we just found out that it is in some circumstances might an option just to rotate your pointcloud along a x/y axis a bit,
do the ground-detection and turn the PC back again.
Especially with the data you show in your sample this should solve the problem.
Rotating can be easy done e.g. with the -transform_matrix parameter.

Jochen @rapidlasso

Quan Tran

Apr 21, 2022, 1:55:29 AM4/21/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Jochen,

Awesome thanks a lot!! I did manage to solve it using this!

Hong Tran

CEO - ScanX.com

athum

May 4, 2022, 4:10:25 PM5/4/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hello Quan,

How were you able to rotate your pointcloud. Did conduct this rotation within LasTools? If so, what tool did you use and what parameters. I'm looking to rotate my pointcloud by 90 degrees and then back by -90 degrees, but in preliminary testing this has moved my PC way out of it's original location. Thanks for any help.

athum

May 4, 2022, 4:10:35 PM5/4/22
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing

By how much did you rotate your pointcloud, Quan?