Reduce points in laz-file

Ola J.

Jul 12, 2021, 1:08:40 PM7/12/21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
I have a laz-file with approx. 1 point/m². I'd like to create a new file which should only contain ground hits, with a resolution of 1 point/10x10 m. How do I accomplish that?

Martin Isenburg

Jul 12, 2021, 1:18:56 PM7/12/21
to LAStools - efficient command line tools for LIDAR processing
Hello,

for this task I recommend lasthin with the '-central' option and a ground point filter:

lasthin -i in.laz -keep_class 2 -step 10 -central -o out.laz

http://rapidlasso.com/lasthin

Regards,

Martin

--