-21474836 pixel value using las2dem

Spencer Floyd

May 30, 2024, 6:08:48 AMMay 30
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hey everyone,

I'm using the following las2dem command:

las2dem64,
-i *.laz,
-cores 8,
-otif,
-extra_pass
-odir D:\_______Hydroflattening_Test\dem,
-drop_withheld,
-use_tile_bb,
-kill 10000,
-no_kml,
-no_world_file,
-keep_class 2,
-no_data -32767

I can confirm the .laz files being used do not contain any extremely low points in class 2. I'm seeing the pattern below. In certain areas, seemingly along long triangles, there are lines of pixels with the value of -21474836.

low_pixel_values.PNG
I've checked a good amount of these pixels and they are all -21474836.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks in advance.

Spencer

Jochen Rapidlasso

Jun 7, 2024, 6:25:38 AMJun 7
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Spencer,
can you provide a (small) sample file so we can try to reproduce?

Thanks,

Jochen @rapidlasso

Spencer Floyd

Jun 17, 2024, 2:42:09 PMJun 17
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hey Jochen,

Sorry for the late response. Just got back from holiday.

Thanks for offering to look into the problem. After some more testing, it seems like using such a large -kill value was the culprit. Up to you if you think it's worth looking into, but I don't have the need to be keeping triangles that long.

Cheers,

Spencer