e572las executable System Error: xerces-c_3_2.dll

Varvara Vorobieva

May 15, 2024, 7:48:53 AMMay 15
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hello,

I am attempting to use the e572las tool to convert .e57 files to .laz. For this, I downloaded the Windows e572las binaries (the readme and executable in a zip) from e572las - rapidlasso GmbH but when I attempt to launch the executable, I receive the error in the screenshot below. Would appreciate some assistance with this error.

Thank you,
Varvara
Screenshot 2024-05-14 133233.png
Message has been deleted

Jochen Rapidlasso

May 15, 2024, 8:50:04 AMMay 15
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi  Varvara,
the requested DLL is included in the LAStools download.
We add it to the e572las standalone download as well, so if you just download the binaries again you will got the missing file.

Best,

Jochen @rapidlasso

Varvara Vorobieva

May 16, 2024, 12:00:11 PMMay 16
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hello,

Thank you for your response. I once again attempted to download from the link you sent by selecting the "e572las for Windows" button in the "E52 to LAS/LAZ converter" section of the webpage, but I received the same error notification about the .dll. I have not been getting the error with the entire LAStools download, but I am having trouble understanding how to use it. Does my e57 file need to be in the same directory as the tool? Or do I just need to provide the path for the e57 file and the intended destination of the LAZ file?

Thank you,
Varvara

Jochen Rapidlasso

May 16, 2024, 12:53:08 PMMay 16
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Varvara,
you have to unzip the downloaded files into any folder.
Then you open a console window in this folder or go to this folder, using magic commands like "cd \any_folder_where_e572las_exe_is".
Now you can run commands like
    e572las64 -i d:\folder\subfolder\myfile.e57 -o c:\output_folder\myfile.laz
Make sure, there is no space or any fancy character in your path or filename, best stay with the ANSI/ASCII chars.
Please see the e572las_README.md file for more examples.

Best,

Jochen @rapidlasso

Varvara Vorobieva

May 21, 2024, 11:15:11 AMMay 21
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Thank you so much for your help. I was using quotation marks around the file path.

Have a great day!

Varvara