lascopcindex64

mauro...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2024, 3:45:23 AM (12 days ago) Jun 24
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hello,

I'm trying to convert different laz files into a cloud optimized version using lascopcindex64. While this works quite well for ALS and UAVLS data I'm having troubles to convert TLS data. Already quite small TLS scans tend to take a very long time to process (days to weeks). First I just run it in default mode and then changed to using the flag -tls. With -tls processing initially speeds up, but for most files the process seems to get stuck at around 40 -60 % of processing.
I also tried to work with pdal and there the conversion itself works quite fast, but I think I'm loosing some attributes (for instance height above ground saved as extra_bytes) or at least I could not find a solution to keep them.

Is there anything I could try with the TLS scans or is the simpler solution to just wait for the process to complete?

Thanks.

Mauro