lasground does not seem to copy files with too few points

Roland Vincze

May 30, 2024, 6:08:30 AMMay 30
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi,

According to my memory and the readme file "If there are too few points to do reliable ground classification then the files are simply copied...". However it seems to skip these fails despite the `-skip_files` not being given.
Is this a bug, or did I misunderstand something about the current usage?

Thank you,
Roland

Jochen Rapidlasso

May 31, 2024, 8:13:00 AMMay 31
to LAStools - efficient tools for LiDAR processing
Hi Roland,
if there are too less points for ground classification the file will be copied from source to target.

lasground64 -i cube.laz -o tmp.laz -v

gives as output

LAStools lasground (by in...@rapidlasso.de) version 240522
WARNING: input has less than 10 points.
 copying 'cube.laz' ...

The result file "tmp.laz" contains all points of "cube.laz".
Please describe in detail what did not work and how your log output looks like.

Thanks,

Jochen @rapidlasso