Annual LAC Meeting Info and Reminders

Amy Harris

Jul 29, 2021, 9:09:21 AM7/29/21
to LAC Newsletters
ANNUAL MEETING:

The LAC Annual Meeting will be held on August 7th at 9:00 am at Clubhouse 2, 206 Old Portland Road, North Waterboro.

PLEASE NOTE:  Social distancing will be difficult to achieve in Sotir Hall, as an alternative to attending in person, we will be offering the ability to attend the meeting via Microsoft Teams, please send an email to in...@lacinc.org with your name and lot number and we will send you an invitation to join the meeting.

LAKE ARROWHEAD CONSERVATION COUNCIL 2021 FUNDRAISERS:
HELP FIGHT MILFOIL
JOIN LACC AND PARTICIPATE IN OUR FUNDRAISERS !!

LACC MEMBERSHIP

If you live in the LAC community, that does not mean you are a member of LACC (Lake Arrowhead Conservation Council).  LACC is a nonprofit organization (501c3) that was formed from LAC’s Lake Improvement Committee so that we could obtain state and federal grants to help fight the milfoil and to preserve our beautiful Lake Arrowhead.  To become a member of LACC, you need to pay dues ($100 waterfront, $50 non-waterfront).  LACC is run by volunteers and operates on dues, grants and fundraising.  If you haven’t joined LACC, please join today.  You can go to our website at laccme.org for all of the details on our organization and how to join.

BIG 50/50 RAFFLE

GET YOUR TICKETS TODAY !!!

THE RAFFLE IS ONLY 5 WEEKS AWAY….AND THERE ARE STILL A LOT OF TICKETS !!

A maximum of 500 numbered tickets will be sold for this raffle at $20 per ticket.  The drawing will be held at the LACC Annual Meeting scheduled for Saturday, August 28th at 9:00 am at the Lake Arrowhead Community, Clubhouse 2 located at 206 Old Portland Road, North Waterboro, Maine.

The prizes will be as follows:             1st Prize – 30% of total ticket sales

                                                            2nd  Prize – 15% of total ticket sales

                                                            3rd Prize – 5% of total ticket sales

50% of the total ticket sales minus expenses will go to LACC for its charitable purposes.

How to get your tickets…..

  1. Contact Tracie Doyle at attytra...@comcast.net or 978-758-8259

  1. Mail a check payable to “LACC” for your tickets and mail to Tracie Doyle, 1794 Bridge Street, Unit 18A, Dracut, MA 01826.  Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope and the name, address and telephone number that you want on the tickets.  Tracie will fill out your tickets and mail back your ticket stubs.

  1. Go to the Lake Arrowhead Office which is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm.

ARROWHEAD PROP BUSTERS FISHING TOURNAMENT

            The Arrowhead Prop Busters (“APB”) will be holding their annual fishing tournament on Saturday, August 21st  from 7am-3pm.  This tournament is open to the public.  Registration begins at 6am on the day of the tournament at the Ledgemere Dam.  The entry fee is $120 per boat, $20 per boat for lunker pool.  CASH ONLY.  For further information, please visit LACC’s website, www.laccme.org or contact Shannon Doyle at doyles...@comcast.net or after 4pm at 978-758-1491.

LAKE ARROWHEAD CALENDARS

            Lake Arrowhead has its own beautiful calendar.  They make wonderful holiday gifts and have beautiful pictures of the lake and its wildlife.  Calendars are ordered in the fall and are delivered in time for the holidays.  If you have any questions, you can contact Kellie McHugh at kelliemc...@gmail.com.  Kellie is currently accepting pictures for consideration for this year’s calendar.  Please make sure that your pictures are a HIGH quality, preferably from a camera or new cell phone.

CAN & BOTTLE DRIVE

            Do you have bottles and cans that you need to recycle? JD’s Package Store and Redemption Center on Rt. 5 in Waterboro (across from Hannaford) will accept bottle and can returns and give the deposit money to the Lake Arrowhead Conservation Council (LACC).  All you have to do is provide your receipts to the cashier and tell them you want the money to go to LACC. We will be stopping by JDs on a regular basis to collect the funds and use them to support our efforts in fighting milfoil.  To help with this effort, or if you have questions contact Kathy Hart at kathlee...@gmail.com.

AMAZON SMILE

            Support LACC by making your Amazon purchases through Amazon Smile.  Log onto Amazon Smile, not Amazon, and choose the Lake Arrowhead Conservation Council as your charity from the drop down box.  Then shop as you normally would.  Amazon Smile is just like Amazon; however, Amazon Smile donates a percentage of your purchases to the Lake Arrowhead Conservation Council.  Shopping through Amazon Smile does not affect the price of your purchase and your prime membership perks still apply.  If you are an Amazon shopper, this is an easy way to help raise money for LACC.

LACC GEAR

             LACC is currently selling winter hats (crocheted and donated by a LACC member), microfleece jackets, coolers, umbrellas, cups, and can and bottle koozies.  If you are interested, contact Beth at lace...@yahoo.com.

PLEASE SUPPORT THESE FUNDRAISERS !!!

BE SURE TO FOLLOW LACC ON FACEBOOK AND LIKE US

VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT LACCME.ORG !!