Volunteers needed for trail work in Cotton Hill Park Sunday, June 6

Karen Story

May 24, 2021, 11:59:10 PM5/24/21
to kirkland...@googlegroups.com

Do you like working outside and using your muscles? The Cotton Hill Park trail needs your help! The slope going down to the CKC is washing out and needs to be re-graded. We also want to install a pipe to help drain water off the trail.

Please mark your calendar for Sunday, June 6 at 9 am. (We'll work until 11 or possibly a bit later.)  Tasks will include digging, and hauling wheelbarrow loads of rock and gravel.

Wear long pants, long sleeves, boots, gloves, and eye protection. (We will have some loaner gloves and eye protection.) Bring your favorite digging tool if you'd like (we'll have shovels available).

Karen Story

Jun 4, 2021, 12:44:45 PM6/4/21
to kirkland...@googlegroups.com
Do you like working outside and using your muscles? The Cotton Hill Park trail needs your help! The slope going down to the CKC is washing out and needs to be re-graded. We also want to install a pipe to help drain water off the trail. (There will also be pruning available for those who prefer.)

Please mark your calendar for Sunday, June 6 at 9 am. (We'll work until 11 or possibly a bit later.)  Tasks will include digging/grading, and hauling wheelbarrow loads of rock and gravel.

Karen Story

Jun 7, 2021, 2:09:34 PM6/7/21
to kirkland...@googlegroups.com
We made great progress on the Cotton Hill Park trail yesterday -- thank you to the volunteers who helped!

We need volunteers to finish the project this Sunday, June 13 from 9 to noon.  Tasks will include digging, building a wood retaining wall, and hauling wheelbarrow loads of gravel.

Karen Story

Jun 11, 2021, 10:52:24 PM6/11/21
to kirkland...@googlegroups.com
We made great progress on the Cotton Hill Park trail repairs last Sunday -- thank you to the volunteers who helped!

We need volunteers to finish the project this Sunday, June 13 from 9 to noon.  Tasks will include digging, building a wood retaining wall, and hauling wheelbarrow loads of gravel.

Wear long pants, long sleeves, boots, gloves, and eye protection. (We will have some loaner gloves and eye protection.) Tools provided.