Highland General meeting Wednesday, Jan 18, 2023, from 7 PM to 8:30 PM at City Hall

26 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Mari

ungelesen,
13.01.2023, 18:55:0213.01.23
an Highlands Neighborhood Association

Dear neighbors,

We have two speakers for our neighborhood meeting on Wednesday, Jan 18, 2023, from 7 PM to 8:30 PM at City Hall (South side door entrance!) or via zoom. I hope to see you there either in person or via zoom - Highland zoom January meeting

 Mike Holland and Bob Keller are available to jointly present

  • Kirkland's Parks and Recreation Open Space Plan (PROS Plan).  This is a 6-yr plan for Kirkland's Park System.

    https://www.kirklandwa.gov/Government/Departments/Parks-and-Community-Services/Park-Planning-and-Development/Parks-Recreation-and-Open-Space-Plan

  • Kirkland's Parks Funding Exploratory Committee (PFEC).  This item address what major projects should be added to the park system and how those projects will be funded.

    https://www.kirklandwa.gov/Government/Departments/Parks-and-Community-Services/Parks-2023-Ballot-Measure

There is quite a bit of information on these sites - perhaps too much😊

And we have Laura Ray to talk about pesticide-free strategies and ways to advocate for our city to use less pesticides at our parks and schools. https://www.pesticide.org

---------

I have also had a few people wanting to spread awareness about the proposed project of the parcel that abuts the north end of the Highlands.  It’s not well publicized and the signage is tucked back at the beginning of the property with is not a through street so no one will see it.  If you don’t comment then you will not be allowed to appeal, so timing is important for citizen participation.  Here are some concerns from those who have been following this development. It’s on a very steep grade directly below the neighborhood east of Forbes Creek Park.  They will be taking down many trees which will open up more freeway noise and pollution. Also developing on a slope can have drainage issues.

CKC development.pdf

Mari

ungelesen,
20.01.2023, 15:56:1120.01.23