OCR Compatible PDFs

amand...@mtka.org

May 17, 2024, 10:47:35 AMMay 17
to Key Instructional Contacts (KIC)

Hello KIC-

With iPads, we utilize a lot of PDF documents in many of our classes so that students can write on the PDFs in Notability. We are seeing an increase in IEPs needing students to have access to OCR compatible PDFs. To best serve all students, we’d like to move to the expectation that all teachers are expected to have all PDFs in Schoology as OCR while we’re in the throes of curriculum review.

Currently we use a variety of free websites such as PDFCandy and SmallPDF, however these all have limits on how many you can make in an hour or a day. I’m wondering if anyone has a great tool that you use to translate PDFs to OCR PDFs whether it’s free or reasonably priced.

Thank you!

Best-

Amanda Fay