Now Posted: Minnesota's Computer Science State Strategic Plan

Andrea Wilson Vazquez - MDE

Mar 22, 2024, 3:24:28 PMMar 22
to Key Instructional Contacts (KIC)

Hi everyone -- Exciting news!

Minnesota’s Computer Science Working Group has completed their work to develop a State Strategic Plan for computer science, as required by MN Statute 120b.241. The final plan can be viewed on MDE’s Legislative Report page: https://education.mn.gov/MDE/about/rule/leg/rpt/ .

I will share the official posting language below, for your reference. The plan will also be linked on MDE’s Computer Science and Academic Standards pages.

Minnesota’s Computer Science (CS) Working Group developed a state strategic plan for computer science, finalized in March, 2024, which describes ten recommendations for long-term and sustained growth of computer science education across all public K-12 and charter schools in Minnesota, as outlined in the Computer Science Education Advancement Act Minn. Stat. 120B.241 [2023]. The recommendations are aligned to the requirements outlined in the legislation, such as licensure, high-quality professional development, continuous improvement, and standards, among others.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions. I would like to extend a huge thank you to the CS Working Group members for their time, expertise, and dedication to the development of this plan!

Thanks so much - happy Friday!

Best,

Andrea