SciMathMN 2024 Future Trends in STEM

sarah.c...@gmail.com

May 14, 2024, 12:08:46 PMMay 14
to Key Instructional Contacts (KIC)

STEM education in Minnesota is indeed showing promising signs of growth and innovation, facing challenges or today’s learners. We at SciMathMN are working towards closing the learning and workforce opportunity gap in STEM fields. Collaborative efforts from business, education, government, and community organizations are fostering an environment where students can see themselves in STEM roles, thereby increasing their interest, identity, and achievement in these critical areas.

Moreover, resources are needed to support our teachers and students, enhancing the classroom experience and preparing students for the demands of a 21st-century economy. Collaboration is key for improvement, particularly in cultivating and promoting STEM identity among students, the ecosystem's commitment to improving access and engagement in STEM education suggests a bright future for Minnesota's students and its economy.

Join us to hear about the opportunities and support made possible by legislation and policy changes this year along with where our leaders see trends in STEM headed for our educators and students:

 Agenda:

  •  Last to First- The business and equity case for change
  • Workforce Development- Curriculum collaborations, applied learning, and skillsets informed by industry
  • Quality and access- Teacher development to ensure learning outcomes and career pathways for EVERY STUDENT
  • The AI wave: What does this technology mean for classrooms, learning, and careers?
  • Call for community investment- The importance of a connected ecosystem and ways to partner

Moderated by:

Vic Dreier, Director, Project Lead the Way. Vic is a member of the Minnesota’s Computer Science (CS) Working Group and serves as SciMathMN’s Board Chair.

Panel Lineup includes: Policymakers, STEM Leaders, Education, Non-profit Partners and Industry Experts

 Registration LINK: https://cvent.me/55DN7q

Jennifer Miller

May 14, 2024, 1:28:36 PMMay 14
to sarah.c...@gmail.com, Key Instructional Contacts (KIC)
Will this event be recorded for those unable to attend?

Thank you,
Jen

Jennifer Miller
Technology Coordinator
Crosslake Community School
Please help prevent scams and phishing!
@techcrosslake

--
To post: send email to
Key_Instructi...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Key Instructional Contacts (KIC)" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/key_instructional_contacts/0ce2459a-aacd-4e8a-8266-8945c7958673n%40googlegroups.com.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission and any documents accompanying it may contain confidential information, protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Please protect the privacy of this information and do not forward this email. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender to arrange for the return of the message and any attached documents.