undefined function knitromatlab_mex for inputs of type function_handle

Mélodie Angeletti

Dec 4, 2023, 11:36:08 AM12/4/23
to Artelys Knitro forum
Hi,

  We try to use Knitro version 12 in MATLAB R2023b. We use knitro_nlp and obtain the following error:
Aperçu de l’image
The same code works with MATLAB R2022. Normally the folder knitro/matlab is in the MATLAB path. The command help knitro_solve returns something. But help knitro_nlp return help knitro_nlp not found, same return for help knitromatlab_mex.

Is Matlab R2023 compatible with Knitro 12 ?

Best regards,
Mélodie

Richard Waltz

Dec 4, 2023, 11:52:32 AM12/4/23
to Artelys Knitro forum
Dear Mélodie,

Can you please tell us what operating system you are using?  Also, which version of Knitro 12 are you using (e.g., 12.0, 12.1, 12.2, etc.)?  Have you tried using the MATLAB "addpath" function to make sure it can find the location of "knitro_nlp.p" in the knitromatlab directory? We are not aware of any issues using knitro_nlp with R2023b, but we will investigate.

Knitro 12 is pretty old at this point.  It is highly recommended to update to the latest version if you are able to, as there have been many bug fixes and performance improvements since Knitro 12.  In addition, the latest versions of the Knitro/MATLAB interface support the new MATLAB "problem-based" API,

which offers many advantages, such as automatic derivatives and easier problem setup.

Regards,
Richard Waltz