Knitro throwing infeasible or suboptimal solution

as sule

Dec 11, 2023, 9:47:15 AM12/11/23
to Artelys Knitro forum
Hi,

I am trying to solve a MINLP problem. So far, I have tried lots of different user options and in 90% of my attempts, the solver returned a locally infeasible solution. Even if the returned solution is feasible, I can see that one of the terms in the objective function is not effectively optimized, having a worse value than initial point. I also tried increasing the weight on this term in the objective function to make it more significant, but that made the solver throwing locally infeasible solution. I also tried multistart, but that didn't change anything.

What could be the problem here? You can see the log file in the attachment.

PS: Problem is a maximize one.

Best Regards

knitro (7).log

Florian Fontan

Dec 13, 2023, 12:29:13 PM12/13/23
to kni...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Could it be possible for you to share your model with us so we can investigate on it directly?

Best,

Florian