October Newsletter

K. A. Laity

Oct 11, 2019, 12:23:56 PM10/11/19
to Newsletter for Writer K. A. Laity

2019-09-19 16.21.49.jpg

Hello all,

You will not be surprised to hear that I had a marvellous time in Valdiporro, Italy. The Albergo Ristorante Leso took very good care of us hard-working writers. I don't know about everyone else, but I sure got a lot done. Also we were plied with great food and there was much fun conversation. Unexpectedly, much of the rest of the group came from Glasgow so I felt right at home. I will be writing up my adventures soon.

This month I already attended the Occult Humanities Conference, which as usual filled me with all kinds of ideas and inspiration. I have new obsessions too, like Helen Adam and the work of Judith Noble, who gave a great talk. Fulgur Press had huge discounts on their huge art books so yes, I could not resist a couple even though it meant lugging them around the rest of the time. Guess what? Looks like I'll be appearing in a Fulgur Press book myself: more on that anon.

TOMORROW: If you're in the capital region, please come to Mysteries on Main Street to see me and some of my Sisters in Crime reading and signing books. More on the event here.

SUNDAY OCT 20: The next Write 4 a Day retreat is coming up. Please join us to relax and write -- and maybe get ready for NaNoWriMo.

In November I'll be taking part in ALWAYS DIFFERENT, ALWAYS THE SAME: A SYMPOSIUM ON THE FALL in Limerick, Ireland. Even Funky Si Wollstonecraft will be there and Imperial Wax will be performing that night. Alas, I find two good Irish friends will both be away! But I will go to Galway and enjoy walking the bay once more. What a wonderful year I had there.

I hope you're all having a great autumn. Mine is busy as always, but I am getting better at being busy with things I choose to do. Some exciting plans going on behind the scenes!

Kate