Updates from Lockdown Life

K. A. Laity

Mar 16, 2021, 4:28:16 PM3/16/21
to Newsletter for Writer K. A. Laity
Hello folks,

If you want to be updated more regularly, please sign up to receive the blog posts. That way you get news 'as it happens' rather than this occasional digest. If you're really starved for content, follow me on social media. I never shut up!

There's been a lot going on. A recent guest post I wrote for Gillian Polack's Women's History Month project deals with some of those things: https://kalaity.com/2021/03/16/channeling-dorothy-parker/

I have a project in the Silent Fire exhibition put together by Nasty Women Connecticut and the Yale Institute for Sacred Music. It's a silent video meant to accompany Barbara Strozzi's 'Ardo in tacito foco' and you can see the exhibit online here: https://kalaity.com/2021/03/15/virtual-opening-silent-fire/

I'm up to episode thirteen of my podcast on comedy, Is it Funny? The topic this time is Fran Lebowizs and cool.

I've written loads of things for Punk Noir Magazine. Mr B ringleads a great anarchist collective of writers. I have music reviews, film write ups and the occasional story. There's plenty of material to keep you occupied.

And yes, the good news is the beginning of hope that I can return to Scotland. I even have a vaccine appointment. Fingers crossed.

Hope you are well and taking good care.

Kate