July Update

K. A. Laity

Jul 17, 2020, 11:08:00 AM7/17/20
to KALaity-n...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

In the midst of the disorientation of quarantine and wishing I were in Scotland, I am mostly assuaging sorrow by keeping busy. Some of that is railing against the state of the world, some of it is actually productive. The second Chastity Flame novel is out from Fahrenheit now:

chas lush_situation_1024x1024_2x.jpg

Lush Situation : K.A. Laity

£1.69

Shop now

You can also get it as a paperback!

The third A Cut-Throat Business will be out soon.

I was on the BBC recently as part of Matthew Sweet's 'Free Thinking' series where I was part of a panel talking about the history of magic. You can listen here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000kvss

Matthew Sweet delves into the deep history of magic, its evolution into religion and science and its continuing relevance in the 21st century. Joining his coven are novelist and historian Kate Laity, Professor of European Archaeology at Oxford University Chris Gosden, Jessica Gossling who's one of the leaders of the Decadence Research Unit at Goldsmiths, University of London and John Tresch, Professor of the History of Science and Folk Practice at the Warburg Institute.

I keep busy writing a variety of things for Paul D. Brazill's PUNK NOIR MAGAZINE. All kinds of writers from outside the mainstream there.

More news to come soon: including a Syd Barrett-inspired story that will be part of a Pink Floyd anthology. A little gothic, a little crime, and maybe some unexpected things. The possibility of getting back to Scotland is always there.

Hope you're weathering the madness.