Juneau Children Outdoors Equinox Jamboree

nate heck

Feb 11, 2010, 8:05:39 PM2/11/10
to Juneau-Child...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you all for your input and support for the Equinox Jamboree (I changed the name for this year as there will always be an equinox that time of year, and we don't know how much 'winter'  will be going on in late March.)

I am really excited about the enthusiasm and support from all of you partner's for this year's 'Jamboree.'

I have commitments for activities from the following partners.
Please RSVP me with the time your event is offered or if it is just an 'open' activity, and also if you need outdoor/indoor space for your activity.
If you have an activity that you would like to sponsor and you don't see it on this list or we need to follow up on the logistics please email or call me to confirm. Thank you all in Advance.

Nate

Juneau Children Outdoors Equinox Jamboree
March 20, 2010    10am-4pm

Outdoor Relays -Big Brothers Big Sisters -
Wildlife Tracking - Kristin Romanoff Dept of Fish and Game? -
Snowshoe Naturalist Walk - 10:30-12:30 and 1:30-3:30 - Discovery Southeast -
Snow Carnival/Snow Play Area - open all-day SAGA
GPS/Geocaching - 4-H Outdoors Skills
Air Rifle - 4-H ?
Archery - 4-H ?
Snow Sculpture - ? to follow up with JAHC
Fly Fishing Clinic - ? to follow up with Rain Country Fly Fishers
Early Learning Services  - ??? - TBA

Snowshoe/Cross-country Ski Rentals provided by Foggy Mtn.
Shuttle provided by Zach Gordon Youth Center (10-4:30)
--
Nate Heck
SAGA's Eagle Valley Center Program Manager

nate heck

Jan 28, 2011, 4:58:04 PM1/28/11
to Juneau-Child...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,
I hope the new year finds you doing well. Well it is time once again for the Spring Equinox Jamboree at SAGA's Eagle Valley Center.

This year the Jamboree will be March 19th from 10am to 4pm.

I will be calling each of the coalition partners that participated last year to see if you would like to sponsor an activity or volunteer as you did last year. And thanks in advance. Without your help we would not have been able to create the success of last year's Jamboree in support of our mission to get kids outdoors. (We estimated 180 attendees to the event last year)

If you or your agency are not familiar with the Spring Equinox Jamboree here is a quick psa. Juneau Children Outdoors - A Community Coalition is hosting the Spring Equinox Jamboree on March 19th from 10am to 4pm. This is a free event for the community with activites sponsored by coalition partners. Activities at the Jamboree to include: Naturalist Walk, Animal Tracking, Air Rifle Range, Snowshoeing/Cross-country Skiing, Relays, Geocaching, Nature Art Table, Outdoor Carnival Games, and more.

We are currently looking for volunteers to help with the event and also host activites.
Please contact Nate Heck at 723-1547 or evc...@servealaska.org if you would like to volunteer.
Thank you. And we hope to see you at the Jamboree.