Don't Miss Keynote by Martin Leblanc-Thursday, March 10th

Kristen

Mar 8, 2011, 8:33:24 PM3/8/11
to Juneau Children Outdoors Community Coalition
Hello Everyone,

"No Child Left Inside: Saving our Children from Nature-Deficit
Disorder" is the title of the keynote address at the kickoff to the
29th Annual AEYC Early Childhood Conference. You're all invited to
attend this FREE community event, Thursday, March 10th from 6:30 to
8:00 p.m. at Centennial Hall. Martin LeBlanc is the Vice-President of
the Children and Nature Network, and works with community coalitions
across the country. He will outline the issue and challenges we face
in reconnecting our children with nature while highlighting free
resources available to help inspire families, teachers and all
community members to become local and potentially national leaders in
the growing Leave No Child Inside movement.

Here's a wonderful opportunity to inspire more community engagement in
this important issue.

I hope you're able to attend Martin's keynote. Following his talk, I
will be sharing highlights from our Juneau Children Outdoors Community
Coalition and will make a few announcements about upcoming outdoor
events for children and families. As members of the coalition, please
let me know if there are any specific events you'd like me to mention
on Thursday evening. Please reply to this email or give me a call at
465-4292.

ALSO, don't forget the CHILDREN"S RAINGEAR ROUND-UP. We still NEED
donations! Please drop off children's raingear donations at
Centennial Hall any time after 8:00 a.m. on the 10th. There is a
donation box in the lobby. The Rain Gear Round-Up coincides with
Martin LeBlanc's keynote. The Round-Up is from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on
March 10th.

Hope to see you at Centennial Hall this Thursday!

Kristen Romanoff, JCOCC