2nd Annual Children's Raingear Round-Up

Kristen

Feb 23, 2011, 6:22:14 PM2/23/11
to Juneau Children Outdoors Community Coalition
As many of you may already be aware, March 10-12th marks the 2011
AEYC-SEA Conference. This year’s conference is entitled ‘Beaches,
Boots and Blueberries: Learning Through Nature’

The Conference will also host the 2nd Annual Children’s Raingear Round-
Up. This free exchange is a great way to exchange outdoor clothing
your child/children have outgrown for new raingear. First, we must
gather donations! Please contribute donations to this annual event. We
will be accepting donations at drop-off locations in the valley and
downtown:

-March 3rd from 4-7pm in the Super Bear Parking Lot
-March 4th from 4-7pm in the A & P Parking Lot
Look for the SAGA VAN** volunteers will be waiting to accept your
contributions.

-March 10th You can also drop off donations on the day of the event
at Centennial Hall between 8 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. There will be a
donation box in the lobby area.
Please be sure donations are clean and in good condition. Rain coats,
rain pants and rubber boots are needed! Please donate children’s sizes
ONLY. (0 to 16) Pre-school sizes needed most!

The Raingear Round-Up will be held at Centennial Hall on March 10th
from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm and also during the conference on Friday.

People are welcome and encouraged to come to this FREE exchange
whether or not they have donated.

Additionally, all are encouraged to attend the Raingear Round-Up on
March 10th and ALSO attend a special presentation in the main ballroom
from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., ‘No Child Left Inside: Saving Our Children
from Nature-Deficit Disorder’ Martin LeBlanc, Vice-President of the
Children and Nature Network will outline the issue and challenges we
face in reconnecting our children with nature while highlighting free
resources available to help inspire families, teachers and all
community members to become local and potentially national leaders in
the growing leave no child inside movement.

If you have any questions please contact Sara Jean DeLeo by phone at
790-3091 or by email: saraje...@gmail.com.