Prophecy, Israel, the UN, and signs in the heavens

1 view

John Henry

Nov 4, 2011, 9:57:07 PM11/4/11
to Scriptura...@yahoogroups.com, Biblical...@yahoogroups.com, John...@googlegroups.com
PROPHECY, ISRAEL, THE UN
&
SIGNS IN THE SUN, MOON AND STARS

The 66th session of the United Nations General Assembly is now meeting and scheduled to vote on whether to unilaterally declare a Palestinian state. The vote may be postpone and if it goes forward it will most likely be vetoed by the US.

Today, 29 September, on the Biblical Feast of Trumpets (Leviticus 23:23-25) the Earth, Comet Elenin, the Sun, and Mercury are in alignment (Gen 1:14). This ancient Feast is a foreshadowing of the Rapture (1 Thess 4:13-18; 1 Cor 15:51-52; Rev 4:1).

I don't believe this alignment in the heavens on the Feast of Trumpets while the U.N. is condemning Israel is coincidence, but rather is one of the signs that the Jesus Christ told us to watch for.  The Lord said:

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars [comets, lunar tetrads, solar eclipses, etc.]; and upon the earth distress of nations [Arab spring], with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring [Japan tsunami]. Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth. ... And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. ... And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree [Israel: established 14 May 1948], and all the trees [U N: established 24 October 1945]; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.  So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. ... Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." (Luke 21:25, 28-32, 36)  "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." (Matt 24:42)  "And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." (Mark 13:37)

Whatever the outcome of the U.N. vote we have clear signs of the soon return of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Bible gives the parting of the Land of Israel as a reason for God's judgment on the nations during the 7 year Tribulation. The Prophet Joel wrote:

"I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and PARTED MY LAND." (Joel 3:2)

The Rapture will occur before this, the culmination of the 7 years of God's judgment on an unbelieving world.

As I understand Scripture the following is the order of events:

1. The Rapture will occur (1 Thess 4:13-18; Rev 4:1) and the work of the church in this Age will be done.

2. Antichrist will ride out at the Lord's opening of the first seal (Rev 6:1-2) and "shall confirm the covenant with many for one week [7 years]" reestablishing Temple worship (Dan 9:27).

3. Russia on his red horse followed by Islamic hordes will come upon Israel (Rev 6:3-4), "the land of unwalled villages ... that dwell safely ... without walls" (Ezek 38:2-3, 5-6, 11).  The present walls protecting populated areas of Israel will be dismantled.

4. Many of Israel will receive the Lord Jesus early in the Tribulation, and "do exploits" in His name leading many to Christ (Dan 11:32-35; Rev 7:2-10; Zech 13:8-9).

Remember the Lord's words to unbelieving Israel:

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!  Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.  For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord." (Matt 23:37-39)

"I will go and return to My place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek My face: in their affliction they will seek Me early." (Hosea 5:15)

http://JohnBaptistHenry.blogspot.com/2011/09/netanyahu-abbas.html