Spring!

jenny jobarteh

Mar 21, 2012, 11:03:49 AM3/21/12
to john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Spring is here - some of the bulbs we planted in the fall are already in bloom! I am starting a project with my son's pre-k class; the kids will start seeds indoors and we will transplant them in the garden later. These are the seeds I have and that we will plant next week: Borage/Starflower, Sunflowers, Nasturtiums and Calendulas. The Calendula seeds are from the plants that Beth brought last summer and I already tried them at home - they germinated in 3 days!

Feel free to start something similar, just make sure nothing is poisonous - you can always double-check with me.

Jenny
DSC02080.JPG

jenny jobarteh

Mar 21, 2012, 11:05:35 AM3/21/12
to john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and I forgot, we are also planting Hollyhock seeds!

jenny jobarteh

Mar 21, 2012, 1:23:50 PM3/21/12
to john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com
Enos Jones Park today - Narcissus "Ice Folly" planted at The Big Dig in October 2001.
0321121218.jpg
downsized_0321121219.jpg
downsized_0321121219b.jpg

Amy Lin

Mar 21, 2012, 6:55:21 PM3/21/12
to john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com, <john-desalvo-playground-community-gardening-group@googlegroups.com>
Thanks for sharing these pics!

A neighbor from Pavonia Ave who works for Goldman Sachs, with support of HPNA has put in a proposal for a community service project in Enos Jones. He is in the process of contacting Director Hadley for finalization of his proposal. I will keep you posted when I learn more, perhaps this project can include some of the things our garden needs.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 21, 2012, at 1:23 PM, jenny jobarteh <jennyj...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Enos Jones Park today - Narcissus "Ice Folly" planted at The Big Dig in October 2001.

> <0321121218.jpg>
> <downsized_0321121219.jpg>
> <downsized_0321121219b.jpg>

jenny jobarteh

Mar 22, 2012, 11:25:17 AM3/22/12
to john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com
Great news Amy!

The sign is up! And so are a lot of our bulbs, and the perennials are already starting to come back.

Jenny

> CC: john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com
> From: 4am...@gmail.com
> Subject: Re: Spring!
> Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:55:21 -0400
> To: john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com

Amy Lin

Mar 24, 2012, 1:40:45 AM3/24/12
to john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Can't wait to see it in full bloom :)

Sent from my iPhone

jnor...@aol.com

Mar 24, 2012, 7:41:34 AM3/24/12
to John DeSalvo Playground Community Gardening Group

There's something special about seeing the first flowers of spring in our city and neighborhood, and extra special in our community garden!!!

Also not to forget to mention the thousands of bulbs planted citywide from the BIG DIG!
You can now see the flowers have emerged at the entrance to Enos Jones in the raised bed where the John DeSalvo memorial plaque is--thanks to all, great job!!!

Best,
Jan
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

jenny jobarteh

Mar 24, 2012, 1:44:36 PM3/24/12
to john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com
The three photos above are the narcissus planted for the Big Dig :)
Beth, please let the Daisy Girl Scouts know they are in full bloom now!

> Subject: Re: Spring!
> To: john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com
> From: jnor...@aol.com
> Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:41:34 +0000

jenny jobarteh

Mar 24, 2012, 2:06:16 PM3/24/12
to john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com
And were of course planted in October 2011, not 2001!!!

From: jennyj...@hotmail.com
To: john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Spring!
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 13:44:36 -0400