Bulb planting this weekend

1 view

JDScommunitygardengroup

Nov 8, 2011, 9:41:30 AM11/8/11
to John DeSalvo Playground Community Gardening Group
I just had a nice donation of pastel tulip bulbs from Grace Malley,
board member at Resurrection School. I also have some other bulbs that
need to go into the ground.

Anyone interested in joining me and the kids on Saturday (November
12th) morning around 9.30 or 10, or would Sunday work better?

Any additional bulbs are highly appreciated - I don't think we have
any daffodils so far, mostly muscari and tulips!

Jenny

Beth Smith-Moncrief

Nov 8, 2011, 10:27:26 AM11/8/11
to john-desalvo-playground-...@googlegroups.com
that's great!

we are around on Saturday and would love to come plant bulbs. I'll
make a trip to Home Depot and pick-up some Daffodils.

Also, I just bought one of those bulb planter devices, which I'll bring.

Do we want to promote this a little? I can post to the HPMS Web site
and we can put on the HPNA Facebook Page.

Thanks!

Beth

jnor...@aol.com

Nov 8, 2011, 10:38:10 AM11/8/11
to John DeSalvo Playground Community Gardening Group

That's wonderful!

When we make our trip to Home Depot this week, we will buy some daffodils!

Yes, let's get an email together asap that we can all use to invite helpers for Saturday! Please email it asap!

Best,
Jan
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

JDScommunitygardengroup

Nov 8, 2011, 1:17:18 PM11/8/11
to John DeSalvo Playground Community Gardening Group
Sure, promote away! See you Saturday!

jnor...@aol.com

Nov 10, 2011, 11:56:59 AM11/10/11
to John DeSalvo Playground Community Gardening Group

Hi Everyone,

Joan and I just bought 2) packages of Trumpet Mixed Daffodils (40 per pack) that we are donating to our garden!

Best,
Jan
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Nov 14, 2011, 8:29:33 AM11/14/11
to John DeSalvo Playground Community Gardening Group
Thank you so much for coming out to plant on Saturday. We planted
around 180 bulbs so now we have a total of about 230 bulbs in the
ground! Spring should be exciting...

Jenny