The Big Dig and the Jersey City Open Green Map, etc

JDScommunitygardengroup

Oct 26, 2011, 9:31:59 AM10/26/11
to John DeSalvo Playground Community Gardening Group
On Saturday October 22nd, neighbors and Daisy Girl Scouts came
together for The Big Dig and planted 200 Narcissus bulbs in the raised
bed just outside the playground. You can see some photos from the
event on the Jersey City Open Green Map.

Monday night I attended a workshop on how to use the Jersey City Green
Map and we entered the John DeSalvo Playground Community Garden as a
point of interest. Actually, anyone can suggest points of interest and
pictures on the map so check it out! Also, please note that I planted
50 Muscari bulbs in the Creeping thyme over the weekend so the Muscari
picture is not entirely misleading : )

To see the sites on the JC Green Map, go to http://www.opengreenmap.org/greenmap/jersey-city-nj
You have to zoom in quite a bit to see all the icons for the different
sites.

Jenny

P.S. Any donation of bulbs (tulips, daffodils etc) is most welcome -
it's time to get them in the ground!