A newsletter revamp

Jobev

Oct 26, 2015, 3:39:09 PM10/26/15
to Jo Beverley
Hello everyone,

a while ago I asked who didn't want their address transferred to a mailing list program. A few of you replied, but then I had a computer meltdown. I didn't lose much, but for some reason it ate the file where I'd collected those names. So I'm going to repeat the request, but first a bit about why I'm making a change.

Basically, googlegroup messages are too likely to end up in your spam folders. As you've signed up, I assume you want to hear from me. I've decided to go with a mailing list program called Madmimi rather than Mail Chimp, but the result should be the same -- my newsletters should drop into your e-mail box every time, without problem.

There will be other advantages, especially that I can include images instead of having to send you to my web site for them. The newsletters will also be a little fancy, which I think most of you will enjoy, but if you like getting them as plain text, that's a good reason to say you want to stay on this group. Another reason could be that you have a very slow internet connection, as the Madmimi newsletter could take a bit longer to download, but that's unlikely unless you're still on dial-up.

So there you are. I hope you'll be happy for me to move your address over to Madmimi, but if you're not just send an e-mail to say so to ne...@jobev.com and you'll remain in this group and continue to receive the newsletters in plain text. Another point. If, after receiving one of the new newsletters you want to switch back, no problem. We'll do that for you.

I should give you a little news as well, shouldn't I? I'm currently going through the copy-edits of The Viscount Needs a Wife, which will be out next April. You can see the cover -- which I love -- and read a teaser here. http://www.jobev.com/tvnawexc.html. If you want to, you can pre-order your copy in print or e-book now.

I'm working on a new book that springs from the same trigger event to TVNAW -- the shocking death in 1817 of the Regent's daughter, Princess Charlotte, in childbirth. In The Viscount Needs a Wife it creates a threat to the royal family which the hero, Lord Dauntry, needs to avert. In the work in progress it alerts my heroine to the fact that her brother's death could mean their home and estate falling into the hands of a wastrel uncle. She's determined to do something about that.

I'll tell you more about all that in future newsletters, and I have other news to come. In fact, I'm going to try to send out a newsletter every month to keep you up to date with what I'm doing and share any interesting tid-bits that have come my way. Here's a one my Facebook followers enjoyed.
A tour of a Regency Town House. http://rth.org.uk/local-history/brunswick-town/tour-of-house

All best wishes, and if you celebrate it, a happy, fun Halloween!

Don't forget to opt out if you don't want your address moved to Madmimi.

Jo