Jo Beverley's Occasional Newsletter

Jobev

Feb 14, 2015, 12:24:08 PM2/14/15
to jo-be...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone. As always, if you no longer want to receive this newsletter, simply reply with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

Here in Devon, at least, we're beginning to ease out of winter, with longer days and milder temperatures. It's even time to start some seeds for planting out in the garden in a month or two. I know that might be a bit galling for those of you with feet high mounds of snow and/or truly frigid temperatures. I've generally gone away to Spain for January, but this year we took just one week in the sun, in the Canary Islands. I blogged about that here. If you are in the deep freeze, perhaps the sunny pictures will perk you up. http://wordwenches.typepad.com/word_wenches/2015/01/canary.html

 My main reason for this newsletter is that I have a new e-book out. It's called Regency Valentines, and it contains two novellas.

 Both novellas have been previously published.

If Fancy be the Food of Love... was published in 1991 in A Regency Valentine, which is hard to find. In that anthology Juno and Chart's story was interwoven with four others. To publish it alone has meant extensive rewriting, but the basic story is the same. These characters connect to the Classic Regency novels.

Saint Agnes and the Black Sheep was published in 2012 in A Cast of Characters, a large collection of eclectic stories. This version has been expanded, but is essentially the same.

I've also included some Valentine's Day lore from the past and an essay about the importance of money to women in the Regency. There are buy links here. It seems the Nook version is not yet live, but the Kobo version will work for Nook.

 It's not long now until Too Dangerous for a Lady will be on the shelves. (April 1st.) You can pre-order your copy now if you wish, and it does help an author if you do. If you missed it, there's an excerpt here. http://www.jobev.com/tdflexc.html TDFAL is about Lady Hermione Merryhew, sister to Roger Merryhew, one of the Rogues who died before the series began in 1814.

I've been involved in an interesting project -- the Historical Romance Network. A bunch of authors set this up because readers were complaining that there was nothing but Regencies and dukes available. There certainly are plenty of those, but there is variety if readers know to look for it. So, http://historicalromancenetwork.com/

 For example, there's a video of medieval romances here.

https://animoto.com/play/uCsVIRnAGODQDQimHB0Xag

 We'll shortly have one to show off historical romantic suspense, which includes TDFAL. You can get a sneak peek here.

http://www.pastthrills.com/

Click under videos.

 If you're on Facebook, you can follow the Historical Romance Network for interesting posts and news.

https://www.facebook.com/historicalromancenetwork

 Of course if you haven't already, you could follow my author page there.

https://www.facebook.com/jo.beverley

Lastly a bit of advance notice that the Romance Writers of America conference is in New York this year, and I'll be there. There'll be the usual massive booksigning in aid of literacy on the Wednesday. If you attend, be sure to find me. It's alphabetical.

Wednesday, July 22, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at the New York Marriott Marquis.

 All best wishes,

 Jo