News, Deals and more for March 2016

Jobev

Mar 17, 2016, 6:45:46 AM3/17/16
to Jo Beverley
Welcome to the March newsletter. This is also a lead-in newsletter for the new book, which will be available in just a few weeks! (April 5th, if you want to be precise.) I'll send another, shorter newsletter on that day to remind you. If you intend to buy, in print or e-book, in a shop or on line, it will help me if you do so promptly. It's the way the business works these days.If you'd like to read the newsletter on line with images, it's here.
https://madmimi.com/p/262b67?fe=1&pact=12493-130273996-8344184017-0d02b5b608822e690fd0261223a9229e0c105ada

A Romantic Times Top Pick! "This fast paced, sensual and powerful love story is a keeper."

This story began at the end of Too Dangerous for a Lady. when the hero's friend, "Beau" Braydon, received a shock. Here's a snippet.

The next morning the postbag brought a letter for Braydon. “From a lawyer
insisting it’s urgent. What impudence.” But as he read on, his expression
changed and he muttered something that might not be suitable for a lady’s
ears.

“Sad news?” Hermione asked.

He looked up. “The worst. I’ve inherited a title. And an estate to go with
it. Probably a decrepit estate. The wretched man’s suggesting I make haste to
take up my duties. It’s taken months to find the heir. There are implications
of chaos and,” he added direly, “dependents.”

Thayne’s humor escaped in a laugh. “There are worse fates.”

“I’ll be damned if there are. Johns will desert me.”

“Once settled in rural contentment, what need you of perfectly polished
boots?”

Braydon raised a fist and Hermione, laughing, rose to stand between them.
“Gentlemen!”

Thayne stood to put an arm around her and hold her close. “What you need,
Braydon, is a wife.”

You can read another two excerpts, starting here.  Welcome to the March newsletter. This is also a lead-in newsletter for the new
[...]

You can read another two excerpts, starting here. http://jobev.com/tvnawexc.html

I have some deals to share with you this month!

One of my medieval romances, The Shattered Rose, has been chosen by Kindle to be
in a special 99c promotion . Sorry, I don't think this is available for other e-readers or outside of
the US. The 4th Rogues book, Forbidden, is also on sale for 99c, and more widely. Check
your favorite e-seller, or check the links here http://jobev.com/epubbooks.html#FORBID

A real person from history. This time I'll mention **Caroline of Brunswick**, the Prince Regent's wife, who
was estranged from him almost from the first.

He was forced into the marriage in 1795, long before he became Regent, so as to
get his enormous debts paid off. He was 33, and had already made an illegal
marriage to a Mrs. Fitzherbert.  (The Royal Marriages Act is a whole subject on
its own!) George took an instant dislike to Caroline, but they did consummate
the marriage, creating a daughter, Charlotte.

Poor Charlotte became a pawn in their endless squabbles, and poor Caroline
hardly ever saw her daughter.

Caroline was not a sensible woman, and her resentment of her husband led her to
lead a rambunctious and probably immoral life, which made her notorious. She
doesn't appear in _The Viscount Needs a Wife_, as she's in Italy at the time,
but she's mentioned. One mention is because -- and this is true as best I can
tell -- the Regent didn't directly inform her of her daughter's death in
childbirth in November 1817, but left her to find out by chance. Rotten man.

The death of Princess Charlotte is an inciting incident in The Viscount Needs a
Wife. The shocking news makes Kitty re-evaluate her life and resolve not to
waste it. Eventually, the political consequences send Kitty and Viscount Dauntry
to London.

The death is also a trigger for the book I'm working on now, which will be
called Merely a Marriage and should be out in April 2017. You may be wondering
if these are Rogues books. Read on!

You may have noticed that I've run out of Rogues. I settled the last one, Dare,
in To Rescue a Rogue, and I've done some spin-offs since, but I have story ideas
that aren't necessarily Company of Rogues ones, and I didn't want to start
forcing a Rogue connection.

The Viscount Needs a Wife flows out of Too Dangerous for a Lady, which has as
heroine, Hermione Merryhew, sister of a dead Rogue, but neither Dauntry nor
Kitty have any Roguish connections at all.

They do live in the Rogues' World, however, which means that Rogues and other
characters are there, somewhere. Some Rogues do show up in the books, but not as
Rogues -- they're there because they're there, if you see what I mean. This will
happen in future books, but I don't feel I can honestly call them Company of
Rogues books.

I'm enjoying writing stand-alone historical romance, and I hope you my readers,
will enjoy it, too. The occasional familiar characters will be like "easter
eggs" for you in particular.

I'll stop, because this has become long, but I hope you've enjoyed this edition
of the newsletter. Remember, you can share it with anyone, and there are social
media links below.

I'd appreciate it!

Best wishes and Happy Easter,

Jo