Don Jibaro's Newsletter June 1st, 2001

Don Jibaro

Jun 1, 2011, 12:48:56 AM6/1/11
to ~ Don Jibaro's Network ~

Dear Jibaros and Friends...

I have received a few  emails in which fans have compelled me, to bring about by the use of  my Internet influence to infuse the Puerto Rican CULTURE element in our festivals, parades and public activities. Mi gente, I'm on it.... and I won't give up. Okey?

I am getting ready to go to NYC with the California Puerto Rican Parade & Festival group. As you, know... I am the "Padrino" and that's a big pair of sneakers to fill. First time for me! GASP! I bought me a pinstripe suit, the first one in 24 yrs... Yikes! ...and socks! Being a "jíbaro bragao" I seldom wear socks, but this is big-time, so... sockies, here I come! José and Rebecca Diaz have put me in the middle of one of the biggest things I have participated in. Thanks, Joseíto and Reb. Please go to www.jibaros.com to download a page size map of the parade route and also a link to the NYC Puerto Rican Parade site to get details of the event.

Moreover, as webmaster of the CPRPF, I have other downloads and the bio of our Grand Marshall, the great Albert Torres, Mr. Salsa Congress himself; an interesting man, he is. Check it out here... www.caprparade.org

And last but not least, I have purposed... put culture in the Dia de San Juan Festival.... next year, I'll  be working with Benny García to explain what el DSJ is all about. Meanwhile go check out the Soneros and have a good time.

Yours truly,
Don Jíbaro Orlando

www.facebook.com/donjibaro
www.jibaros.com