JIBAROS.COM Newsletter - 6-23-10

Don Jibaro Whodatman

Jun 23, 2010, 12:15:04 PM6/23/10
to ~ Don Jibaro's Network ~

Dear Jíbaros at Large...
(not only the large Jíbaros)

It's been a hot Summer and I hate to write in the heat... but with you guys I make an exception, since you're the soul of my work. I have added some stuff at JIBAROS.COM http://www.jibaros.com/
for you to browse... Check out the "Life's Amazing Video!" clip... it's gonna BLOW your mind right off. Dig also "You Know If You're Purto Rican If..." and, of course, my blog on accountability.

The Internet grows... to the tune of about 1.2 million web sites every day! ...So it's harder to reach more of you out there because everybody is trying to reach you as well, hence the benefit of our NO-SPAM mailing list. Here are some stats to give you an idea how BIG is the Internet Highway.

Number of websites TODAY on the Internet: 550,000,000,000 (Reuters)
Number of Websites found by Google: 1,346,966,000
Number of Websites that die each day: 1,206,752

WEB SITES CREATED
December 2001 - 36,276,252
December 2000 - 25,675,581
December 1999 - 9,560,866
December 1998 - 3,689,227
December 1997 - 1,681,868
December 1996 - 603,367
August 1995 - 18,957

Don Jíbaro's TECHNICALLY and SURREPTITIOUSLY Dept...
I could say: "The electromagnetic force generated by your heart pumping metabolic energy into your brain and other primary submolecular structures fades into stronger already expedient energy fields around you... Ergo... collapsing and dissipating of your electromagnetic stash due to no active dynamic regenerating apparatus." OR I could SIMPLY SAY: "It is appointed unto men once to die... and after this: the judgment."

*** Puerto Rican Folkloric Dance
...in Texas, celebrates the rich culture of Puerto Rico with their largest performance of the year, Celebrando 2010 - Con Cuerdas, Bailes y Costumbres, with Guateque Ballet Folklorico direct from Puerto Rico. This once in a lifetime, unique production will merge Puerto Rican Folkloric Dance with Masters from Guateque and take you on a voyage across Puerto Rico's music and dance traditions. Don't miss the debut of a "Velorio de Angelitos" featuring beautiful Jíbaro music and rescued traditions from the mountains of Puerto Rico. Their lively estampa "Pelea de Gallos" and an "Homenaje a la Musica Popular de Puerto Rico" are not to be missed!

The PRFDance Director is loose in her kitchen making a super-giant-size olla of arroz con guandules y salchichas to feed the Guateque all-stars that have arrived from Puerto Rico! We hope she doesn't knock out any cell towers! They are deep in rehearsals, merging our two sets of performing artists, dancers and musicians, for their largest performance of the year! Don't miss it!

Celebrando 2010 - Con Cuerdas, Bailes y Costumbres - June 26 & 27, 2010
WEBSITE: http://prfdance.org
Buy Tickets - http://casita.prfdance.org/celebrando2010
Flyer: http://prfdance.org/flyers/celebrando2010_poster_8.5x11.pdf

*** DJ's WORD for TODAY!
ABASEMENT, n. A decent and customary mental attitude in the presence of wealth of power. Peculiarly appropriate in an employee when addressing an employer or a husband coming home at 2 am with his shoes in his hands. ¡Ay Bendito!

An Unknown Poem by I.M. Anonymous
The journey's near finished but it's not the last word,
and do you understand this ...from what you have heard?
This great illusion is paradox, the path's hard to find,
shadows in clear light ~ the heart and the mind.

The fact that you question, not sure what is true...
doesn't make things quite ready for a changed point of view.
It's difficult to see answers when you've never been there,
but you can't afford to miss this... the chance comes so rare.

Count all your blessings ~ not gold or position,
knowledge is wealth to the mathemagician. (sic)
Doubting is trouble and ignorance a curse,
strive for enlightenment ~ not a ride in a hearse.

*** Bueno, mi gente... I'll let you go with a big abrazo Boricua and a prayer that God will prosper you in all that you do. Keep in touch and visit me at http://jibaros.com

Con Cariño...
Don Jíbaro

"In conclusion, my friends, fill your minds with those things that are good and that deserve praise: things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and honorable." (Philippians 4:8)

news2.jpg
_line7.jpg
orlo2005sm.jpg
samflag5.jpg