Friday Etiquette at Bakarapet

Madras Hash House Harriers

Nov 20, 2011, 9:00:49 PM11/20/11
to jazz-in-t...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bakarapet Hasher

Breathless from Bangalore (erstwhile Madras/Hyderabad) noticed that one of the road signs in the last email pointed to both Chennai & Tirupati in the same direction.  He puzzled and agonized over it for hours till he remembered that No Comment had not served him KF at breakfast and so he was in no state to think.  He called Madras and was told that was the very reason why the pic was in the email.  The directions are correct.  Lesson to be learnt:  Nothing is as it seems in the vicinity of Bakarapet.  A bit of an Alice in Wonderland experience - where north is actually west, etc.. It reinforces the instruction that while on trail, do not trust your instinct or try to be too smart.  You will get lost and we will not even notice, and if we do, we will drink to your health and do nothing more.

Black Buck from Hyderabad realised yesterday that marriage to a fellow hasher had changed his chest size from XL to XXL.  Is it the biryani that makes the wrong body part grow/swell in Hyderabad?  The T shirts are expected today, and by tomorrow they will all have been labeled and packed in sets (reward for volunteerig to do so - chilled beer), and then we will freeze/ignore the T shirt column on the spreadsheet.  The Tees were ordered looong back, and late reviewers are not guaranteed a fit, tho' we think we factored this in, and no one will be disappointed.  All horrors who are coming are paying, and the 3 or more little ones who are not paying will get to share their parent's goody bag and not get one of their own.  If the horror is not going to like that - T shirts and plenty of other stuff - then it is recommended that you ask for the name to be added to the sheet and pay for the privilege.

Friday at Tally Ho is houseful and in fact overflowing.  Friday is meant for hares and chefs, and it is ok to have a few more people enjoying themselves.  This time the few is actually too many.  Most people should "get it", but when you have so many it is better to articulate "it":
  • At MH3, for all reccees and early arrivals, we go dutch, and not tax the rego collections.  Someone buys this and someone buys that, and no one actually keeps track.  You can buy a bunch of bananas or packaged snacks to go with the drinks, fetch Sat breakfast from nearby, etc
  • The offical chefs for Sat/Sun do not cook on Friday.  We need them to preserve their energies for the main event.  This means that Tandoori Chick/Cock, Once is Enough, Half Done and Tender Loins do not go anywhere near the stove.  Food can be made by one of the others, or we will fetch the food from the nearby town (Bakarapet) and supplement with one or two special dishes made at Tally Ho.  If our host does what he almost always does, he will spend 3 hours making one dish or two with oodles of taste and 3000 calories per serving.  Not sure we have the size of dishes at the homestead to cater to the 25 (incl host) that we will be.
  • As long as everyone pitches in (making tea/coffee/etc) and not expect "service", we will all have great fun.  There will be plenty of music/beer.  Get your own hard liquor though.

On Friday, we will reccee and perhaps lay the trails for Sat/Sun.  Hash Squared will be one of the first to arrive and will be a Lead Hare for one of the two runs.  He will have plenty of assist from others (H4 and MH3) on Friday.  Anyone else from the Friday arrivals who can be a lead hare?

Madrasis should notice that the Boos column has been relabeled.  There was only one request for a Boos.  Almost everyone is assigned to a car pool (see sheet to know who are giving a ride to.  Yes, we know that you were not asked, but then that is what the sheet is for - better communication). In the next day or two we should eliminate all ?? on the sheet.

The hard disks with tons of video music content have been collected and we will dust out the projector and review some of the music and attempt to make a play list.  And yes, that is an excuse to have beer.

On On

Jazz in the Jungle Mismanagement

Who is Cumming List: goo.gl/pRmCR