Last Call for Madras Hashers to pay up for Jazz in the Jungle Weekend

Madras Hash House Harriers

Jan 8, 2009, 8:56:52 AM1/8/09
to jazz-in-t...@googlegroups.com

Dear Bakarapet Hasher

Mismanagement for Bakarapet is ON (Read as: There are a bunch of people who are devoting more time to this than their day job).   Lots of beer is obviously being consumed.

Planning/execution on all fronts has proceeded well.  Work on collating the music is yet to take off though.  Send in your suggestions or better still your compilations.  Join a bunch of us who will have fun viewing/listening to various tracks while we guzzle.  Tell the folk at home that you have tons of work - lots of important meetings this month.

Review the list of names at the end of this mail.  Make sure that your shirt size and food preference is right.  We expect all NV's to eat anything that moves.  If you have a problem with any type of food email us.  We could point out certain items on the menu that you may want to avoid.  We really don't expect an email on this score though.

Hashers from outside Madras can skip the next three paragraphs.

This Sunday's Hash Run 476 is the last one before Jazz in the Jungle.  If you have not received the mail about this Sunday's Hash (a T shirt Run sponsored by Gatsby) then you have not subscribed to the new Hash email list.  Do so at www.madrashash.com, or,  if that poses a challenge, send a mail requesting that your name be added.

So if a Madras Hasher does not pay up by this Sunday then his/her name will be removed from the list below, and someone on the wait-list gets lucky.  If you cannot make it to the Run, then make sure that your Rs 2500 reaches one of Arun "Long One" Krishnan, Babuji "Same as you do", Rafiq "Missing in Action" Sait, Sai "Half Done" or "Beep Beep" BEFORE the weekend.  The cutoff time for paying is the Registration Time for Run 476 at Rafiq's Place.  A separate counter with a printout of the names below will be open from 4 pm to 4:30 pm this Sunday at the Hash Venue. Bring cash in Rs 1000/500 notes (processing time will be much less if someone does not have to count Rs 100/50 notes) or cheques payable to  Madras Hash House Harriers. RSVP your coming for the Run (so that we arrange for enough food/beer), or email stating who you have passed your Rs 2500 to.

Everyone from Madras is car pooling to Bakarapet, as we did last time.  Find your travel mates from the list and finalise arrangements at the Run this Sunday.  Last time some people traveled in two hired Tempo Travelers and split the cost. The costing this time - and if you can find something for less let us know - is that, for the 3 day weekend, an a/c Tempo Traveler (seats driver + 10, though 8 or 9 will leave elbow room) will cost Rs 12000, and an Innova will cost Rs 15500 (seats driver + 6, though 5 will be more comfy).  The Tempo Traveler is a more cost effective option, but please form your teams this Sunday.  Jayraj "Twinkle Toes" Rau  is the one to coordinate with for the hired Tempo Traveler and Innova options.

On On

Jazz in the Jungle Mismanagement

Current List (See if your name is there or if we have goofed):

S.No. Names City Size Veg/NV
1 Vinod Madras XL NV
2 Nidhi Madras M NV
3 Rafiq Madras XL NV