A week and a day to go

1 view

Madras Hash House Harriers

Nov 16, 2011, 8:25:16 PM11/16/11
to jazz-in-t...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bakarapet Hasher

Another column has been added to aid the Chefs - to get a ratio of Veggies to Non-Veggies amongst us.  The earlier estimate was for a ratio of V:NV=20:50 (for 70 attendees).  A first draft based on guesswork rather than knowledge shows just 6 Veggies amongst us!  You may (especially if you are a vegetarian) want to review the sheet (goo.gl/pRmCR) and correct the entry against your (& friend's) name.  If the ratio is so skewed we may resort to marking Veggies with a coloured wrist band which will allow them to partake of the small portions of veggie stuff made, so that a veggie hasher is not forced to choose between having meat and starvation just because a few hungry NV hashers raided the veggie dish first.  Tender Loins after reviewing the list yesterday, wrote:

Are vegetarian hashers being exterminated? Am alarmed that the count of veggies is down to 6/68; add Vishnu and 4 of his guests and this will be 6/73, making the Veg hasher almost extinct at Bakarapet

Hashers will also notice that there are no uncertainties on T Shirt sizes on the spreadsheet.  If you have not provided the size yourself, we have assigned you a size. Shirt packs will have your name on it.  No exchanges at Bakarapet. So review your shirt size NOW.

Madras Hashers should send info on how they are getting to Bakarapet.  With just one person opting for the boos so far, we may just coordinate car pooling.  The Boos column on the spreadsheet for Madrasis needs filling up.  Mention whose car you will be riding in.

More money has trickled in by way of Regos.  But there are still many blanks in the Paid column.  If you have given the money to someone else, ensure that their name is listed, or you may have just ended up subsidizing that person's weekly beer bill.  Send an email stating your case.

Of the tasks set out for yesterday, nothing much was achieved.  But then what is the next day meant for?

There have been a few calls from excited virgins to Bakarapet.  How cold will it be?  What is the dress code for the evening barbecue/dinner?  One way to find out is to read the archive of previous mails (of previous editions of Jazz in the Jungle) in this Google Group site - see bottom of this mail for link.  Or wait patiently for the daily mail that you will receive till the Mismanagers go to Bakarapet on Friday to give you the latest weather update.  Give hashers too much info at one shot and they will never absorb it.  Small doses of advice like when to stop taking antidepressants (the night before you board a train/car for Bakarapet) and when to stop munching cucumbers (a week earlier; i.e.. NOW) so that you pass the breath analyser test at the entry point to "50 mile radius of Tirumala" will be given out periodically.  Tandoori Chick and Tandoori Cock have confirmed that the Andhra Pradesh government is serious about keeping Cucumis Sativus away from the holy hills of Tirumala where we will be staying.

Bakarapet Virgins will want to know that Valley/Mountain view lodgings at Tally Ho are available on a first-cum-first-served basis on a payment of Rs 1000 extra.  A sound proofed environment will cost another Rs 1000 more.  An upgrade to King-sized bed also costs (by now you have guessed it) Rs 1000 more.  All this has to be paid in advance (before the 22nd) and is not refundable. Anything else you want or dream of will also be provided (conditions apply) on the same terms.  Satisfaction not guaranteed.

The Who is Cumming list has shrunk to 67 who are definitely ON, leaving room for 3 more.  The fence sitters have been dropped.  Anyone else from Colombo coming?  They make good visiting hashers and can get a taste of Bakarapet & MH3 hospitality which they last enjoyed 5 years ago at the first SAIH we hosted at Kodi.  Room also for old friends from Bangalore, especially those who have been to Bakarapet before.  Pervert Producer please make a few calls to the worthy veterans.  We are holding the gates firmly against the many from Madras who want to join us, as Bakarapet is for hashers who ADD to the fun the others have.  We could have missed out some worthy names, but then it for you to recommend.

See you at Bakarapet

On On

Jazz in the Jungle Mismanagement

Who is Cumming List: goo.gl/pRmCR