Ten days for the Advance Party to head to the hills

1 view

Madras Hash House Harriers

Nov 15, 2011, 3:27:55 AM11/15/11
to jazz-in-t...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bakarapet Hasher

Mismanagement for the weekend is on track.  The weather Gods have been spoken to and they have acquiesced.  The Non-Veg chefs have had their pow wow, and come up with a variety of exotic stuff that goes on the 3 grills that we take from Madras plus the huge grill that we constructed last time we were at Bakarapet.  At the end of the brain storming session - no budgetary considerations at Bakarapet -  Once is Enough says "I need a challenge" this time. So this scribe pulled out some ideas culled from experiences of the early 60's, so do not be surprised to come across meats (fresh and aged) and flavours that you have not thought possible. Meanwhile the Hyderabadi Chefs are busy concocting a Hyderabadi dinner to be served an hour after the barbecue reluctantly shuts down. The veggie chefs - inspired by Masterchef Australia and similar programs - will see that their lot gets attention too, but are yet to get down to meetings.  Limp Dick may have to crack his whip.  The nightmare of the logistics of getting stuff to Bakarapet is yet to be sorted out.  Please review the warn in list, check out the "How you are Coming" column and send a mail about the spare space (for people and stuff) you have in your car or (better still) SUV.  So far no one has signed up for a boos though past experience tells us that we will need one.  If you want a seat on the Hash Boos from Madras, sign up NOW.  See goo.gl/pRmCR

Hyderabadis: Please email your travel plans.  Both arrival and departure if you want an assist.

Bangaloreans: Coordinate with Pervert Producer  for the route you should take.  Many Bangalore-Tirupati buses go past Bakarapet, though so far everyone has car pooled and driven down.  You may each want to pack a bag of plastic tokens to give in exchange for the beer you take from the drum that no one polices, if it makes you feel more at home.

On the music front:  No volunteers to manage the music so far, so you will be left to the worst that Wee Wee and Beep Beep will dish out from the millions of hours of music videos they have. Ideal to hear such stuff through a haze of Single Malt (don't forget to pack a bottle of your favourite spirit/wine for late in the evening).  Neither of the Reddys will put their drinks down on Sat evening to get on to the the dance floor, so if you want to shake a leg, send in your requests this week.  We also will need a pair of speakers that will power the evening.  The rest of the hardware is there - projector, screen, and power amp.  Does anyone have a pair of speakers that can handle the load?  If not, that is one more task for your hapless Mismanagement.

We may also be suitably surprised if a set of hash bards manage to put their words to verse and then to song.  So far they have shown a much better ability to guzzle beer.  Time for them to meet again (and again) till they get their work done.  Call each other up and meet for more beer.

The goody bag is getting better.  Know anyone who can add something that hashers will cherish?

Payments of the regos have been trickling in.  Most of the purchases will be done from this weekend onward, and none of our suppliers extend a line of credit, since they are over extended to Kingfisher Airlines, so we need your moolah.  Check your payment status (goo.gl/pRmCR) and see if it reflects the truth as you know it.  A blank against your name implies that the bank balance has not swelled on your account, and you must move your @#$% and transfer some money fast. An SBH against your name indicates that the bank acknowledges that your chq was honoured or that your wire transfer was successful.

A few of your friends may still not have signed up for this group's email.  Call them (see list first - do not call someone not on the list as they will feel bad) up and if they have not received THIS email then they need to sign up or be left in the dark.

A view of our camp site is at http://g.co/maps/39k3q   Zoom out for perspective.  If you were a hare, where would you lay a trail?

Details of how to get drive will be sent next week, though you could click on the link above and trust that Google Maps has got their Directions right.  Google Maps is a bit of date.  The place is much, much greener than the pic suggests.

As always mail in your suggestions, comments and wise cracks.  Some of them could get included in the next group email.

On On

Jazz in the Jungle Mismanagement