Reminder: Have you paid your rego for Bakarapet?

Madras Hash House Harriers

Nov 12, 2011, 12:35:23 AM11/12/11
to jazz-in-t...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bakarapet Hasher

This is to remind you that by this weekend, you should have:

1. Paid your rego to the MH3 bank account or to someone else

2. Made your travel arrangements.  Train, car pool or boos from Madras

Consequences of not doing Step 1, is that we will replace your name with one of the many who have heard so much about Jazz in the Jungle and are very keen on the experience.  Not doing Step 2, will entail your depending on your own resources to get to Bakarapet.  Mismanagement will be so busy with other things that they will not respond to queries or requests on the subject from Nov 15th onward.

Fresh columns have been added to the spreadsheet: goo.gl/pRmCR   These are are for you to review and correct (by replying to this mail):

  1. Hash Name - almost everyone has got their hash names in.  Why stick out like a sore thumb? Let us have no ?? on the sheet.
  2. T shirt sizes.  There is so much stuff to carry, that we will bring Tees with your name on the wrapping and distribute
    • No room to exchange, so get the size right on the sheet
  3. Payment status.  We need to know that you have put in your chq or paid someone
  4. Whether you need a seat on the boos.
    • If you request a seat and back out, you still pay for the seat.
    • Last date to request for a seat on the boos is Nov 14
Horrors who do not need a bed (in short supply) or goody bag or T shirt go free at Jazz in the Jungle.  All horrors on the list are paying full fare, since the Goody Bag is worth the rego, with the superb Tees and gifts from Pepsi (and hopefully others).  If we have missed any horrors sho should be on list, give a holler.

Some of you are still not on the mailing list.  They have been asked to subscribe many times and have still not done so.  They will probably end up not paying their rego by the weekend (not having heard about the deadlines), so whoever has "sponsored" them will miss their company at Bakarapet.

The Chef Team meetings kick off this weekend.  Frequent meetings and tele-conferences will be taking place.  Look forward to great food at frequent intervals by a band of gourmet enthusiasts - one individual and one family from Hyderabad and the rest from Madras.

A Music Playlist for Saturday evening needs to be put together.  We will be too drunk to listen to conflicting requests at Bakarapet for the genre of music to be played.  You can volunteer to help put the playlist together.  You can either:

1. Suggest the Music Videos that should be there (since we have lots in our collections), or

2. Collect the music videos on a USB stick/drive and bring it to Bakarapet.
We will add the videos to the iTunes Playlist there.
But you need to inform us NOW about what music you are bringing

The default option for music is that the host Wee Wee  picks the music for Friday night and Beep Beep (or his nominee) picks the music for Saturday.  No cribs or suggestions will be entertained at Bakarapet - the time to suggest is NOW.

Friday night accommodation at Bakarapet is now overflowing.  The idea of going on Friday is to do a lot of work - laying trails, setting up the kitchen, making the marinades, going shopping, fetching ice from the nearby town, etc..  Whoever has come on Friday has always done so with the right attitude - there will be no one to serve us till lunchtime on Saturday when Mismanagement kicks in.  Till then we are all on our own and go dutch, even in terms of effort like putting a meal together for all of us.

There will be lots and lots of beer - chilled and available 24x7.  Try to take back your empty can to the trash pile next to the fresh stock, before picking up your next one.  It makes one weep to see next morning dozens of cans that have had just a sip or two taken.  These were obviously left by hashers who put their can down and forgot where they left it when they wanted the next gulp.  Can someone devise a system that will prevent this silly wastage? Send in your suggestions.

The fine print, we guess, is now out of the way, and future mails will be more fun stuff.

See you at Bakarapet.

On On

Jazz in the Jungle Mismanagement