Thanks you! And kicking it in Detroit

1 view

Kwan Booth

Jun 7, 2010, 8:08:44 PM6/7/10
to jtm-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I just wanted to say THANKS again for an amazing experience.  I'm still buzzing from the event and have been spending the time since the conference processing ideas and planning next steps. It was great to bounce ideas off such a talented group.

I'm doing a series on hyperlocal, indy and community media and issues around coverage, activism, funding and influence and if any of you have any ideas I'd love to pick your brains more.

The 1st part is about JTM and I'm working on that now.  The 2nd post will be about Detroit's media scene, mainstream perceptions and indy media efforts. I'll be in town until Thursday and it would be great to connect with anyone still in the area.  Shoot me an email if you have some time. We can talk on the phone or online as well. I do a mean instant message interview!

And on a sidenote. I seemed to have misplaced my palm pre somewhere between the church and the towers. It had all the photos and vids I'd collected over the conference so I'm kinda bummed. If anyone happened to see it please give me a shout.

Also, if you haven't connected with Kat Aaron yet (she was in and out of the conference), she's also in town working on a story and some media related projects especially the upcoming Allied Media conference. She's looking to connect with local folks too and you can reach here at  yourfr...@gmail.com. Not sure if she's on this list.

Thanks again for an amazing few days and I look forward to talking with you soon.

-k

And if anyone makes a trip to the Bay Area or has any questions on startups, hyperlocal/communiyy media, networks and collectives, social media, online activism or the like don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Alicia Buggs

Jun 8, 2010, 12:27:11 AM6/8/10
to jtm-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone still here in the "D". I live here and If anyone needs any help, advice, tour guide and the like, You can contact me by email @   vevab...@yahoo.com.

Alicia Buggs

Stephen Silha

Jun 8, 2010, 12:44:43 AM6/8/10
to jtm-d...@googlegroups.com
We also met a great taxi/van driver, Alonzo.  If you need any driving help in “D” do call him – 313-753-2429.

Best,

Stephen

Stephen Silha
P.O. Box 2003
Vashon Island, Washington 98070 USA
Telephone:  (206) 567-4363
Cell: (206) 819-3755
Fax:  (206) 567-4737
e-mail:  ssi...@comcast.net
www.journalismthatmatters.org
http://www.bigjoy.org

http://ssilha.blogspot.com

On 6/7/10 9:27 PM, "Alicia Buggs" <vevab...@yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]

Also, if you haven't connected with Kat Aaron yet (she was in and out of the conference), she's also in town working on a story and some media related projects especially the upcoming Allied Media conference. She's looking to connect with local folks too and you can reach here at  yourfr...@gmail.com <http://us.mc525.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=yourfr...@gmail.com> . Not sure if she's on this list.

Cambrey Thomas

Jun 8, 2010, 7:56:48 AM6/8/10
to jtm-d...@googlegroups.com
I also live downtown and would be more than happy to help out anyone still in the Detroit area.

Best,
Cambrey

Anna Tarkov

Jun 8, 2010, 8:03:22 AM6/8/10
to jtm-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I wasn't able to make it
to the conference unfortunately. I've followed along here and on some
of the blogs. Despite not being there, I'm more than happy to talk to
anyone about anything via e-mail or over the phone. I'm involved with
a local news aggregator here in Chicago: Windy Citizen (Google it :-))
and I'm also a freelance reporter, but am actively pursuing full-time
jobs (and for the first time in almost a year, there are actually some
to pursue! :-)) You can learn all about me in the various links in my
signature below.

Best,
Anna Tarkov

____________________________________