Video Pitch: Your urgent feedback/like/sharing needed

Michelle Ferrier

Oct 12, 2010, 3:06:11 PM10/12/10
to jtm-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I'm applying for the Poynter Institute video pitch for entrepreneurs. I've posted the video to YouTube, but would LOVE for you to look at it, comment, forward it along and get lots of page views on the video. They are due today at Poynter, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to show a bit of community support for an idea!

To that end, please take the next three minutes and watch this video about LocallyGrownNews.com, the program I launched this past spring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYuXj9GhnSY

Bloom where you're planted!
Michelle Ferrier
in...@locallygrownnews.com

Linda Jue

Oct 12, 2010, 3:28:58 PM10/12/10
to jtm-d...@googlegroups.com, Michelle Ferrier
Hi Michelle,

What an excellent and lovely presentation of a great project. You showed that you covered the bases re: initiative, creativity, civic engagement, sustainability, need, unusual news niche. One suggestion I would offer, though it's too late, is to highlight/say something more specific about the content/news that you offer, examples of stories, columns, citizen commentators, etc. that you're harnessing.
You site is beautiful, very well designed. Good luck!

Best,
Linda

Linda Jue
Director/Executive Editor
G.W. Williams Center for Independent Journalism
222 Sutter St., Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94108
415/321-1733
Fax: 415/321-1701

A project of Tides Center
(Formerly New Voices in Independent Journalism)

edi...@comvoicesonline.com

Oct 13, 2010, 10:42:17 AM10/13/10
to jtm-d...@googlegroups.com
Watched it! awesome. I'll let my Community Voices readers know to check it
out as well!!

Sonya

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm applying for the Poynter Institute video pitch forentrepreneurs. I've
> posted the video to YouTube, but would LOVE for youto look at it, comment,
> forward it along and get lots of page views onthe video. They are due
> today at Poynter, but I thought it wouldn'thurt to show a bit of community

> support for an idea!
>
> To that end, please take the next three minutes and watch this videoabout
> LocallyGrownNews.com, the program I launched this past spring.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYuXj9GhnSY
>

> Bloom where you're planted!
> Michelle Ferrier
> in...@locallygrownnews.com

Michelle Ferrier

Oct 13, 2010, 6:11:55 PM10/13/10
to jtm-d...@googlegroups.com
Sonya, you're a gem! Thanks everyone for the push. And here's a tidbit for those *chicks* out there:

Women digital media entrepreneurs:
Apply for grants
http://www.iwmf.org/pioneering-change/new-media-women-entrepreneurs.aspx

Are you a female journalist with a good idea for an innovative, self-sustaining digital news media initiative? Then apply for one of three $20,000 grants from the International Women's Media Foundation. Here's how...

Eligible proposals must:

    * be from women journalists.
    * use digital media in innovative ways to deliver news.
    * include a business plan that demonstrates sustainability.
    * demonstrate how projects further the role of women in the news media.

In addition to grants, this program offers ongoing support in the form of free coaching from experts on how to turn ideas into viable business ventures.

Application will be posted Oct. 15. Deadline to apply: Nov. 30. Winners announced: Feb. 15, 2011.

Michelle Ferrier

Oct 14, 2010, 9:34:50 AM10/14/10
to jtm-d...@googlegroups.com

What is your favorite story? Send to #Mediaspace and join our webcast with Elan Lee 4:30p (pst) Thursday, Oct 14.

Media Space will air live online, complemented by real-time engagement with participants through the webcast and Twitter #mediaspace on Thursday, Oct. 14 @ 4:30 PM (PST):

Elan Lee from Fourth Wall Studios talks to Hanson about how he turned storytelling upside down.  As the godfather of “Alternate Reality Gaming” Lee has spent his adult life looking for ways to extract adventure from the world around us. From Steven Spielberg to The Nine Inch Nails – and now, network television — he’s transforming the world of entertainment.

Be sure to check out his TEDxSeattle talk - "The Evolution of Storytelling":

- Scott

Melissa Scott

Oct 21, 2010, 6:53:49 AM10/21/10
to jtm-d...@googlegroups.com
http://mije.org/node/1266#Williams

'NPR fired news analyst Juan Williams Wednesday night after comments the pundit made on Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor" that Muslims dressed in Muslim garb on planes made him nervous.

"Tonight we gave Juan Williams notice that we are terminating his contract as a Senior News Analyst for NPR News," NPR said in a statement.'

First Rick Sanchez, now Williams...