[1.8.0.7] Failed to create an ODBC object

Claudiu Olteanu

Jun 17, 2014, 2:25:31 PM6/17/14
to js...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

I tried to create an ODBC object in order to connect to MySQL database but it get this exception:
var db = new ODBC("DSN=MYSQL");
uncaught exception: ODBC:new ([01000] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libmyodbc.so' : file not found(0))
)
even though the file exists on my system and the driver is correctly configured (I tested it with "isql").

I also tried to connect to a PostgreSQL database, but I got the same result: it couldn't find one of the libraries.

I have a workstation which runs on a Linux Mint 16 x64 and I use the JSDB with ODBC, 1,8.0.7 version.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Regards,
Claudiu