Fwd: CSC408 Adding a view to the database

David James

Mar 26, 2005, 1:37:41 AM3/26/05
to JCVSR...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:43:03 -0500, Adam D'Andrea <a.da...@rogers.com> wrote:
> Hey David,
>
> I'm trying to add a new view to the database.
> I attempted to add it in the file database.ddl located in src/net/sf/bloof/db.
> This is where the other views appear to be created.
> However, after performing an "ant clean", "ant all", and removing the bloof directory
> in my home directory, it does not appear to be making this view.
> When I look at the shell script you have for running the program it looks like it is
> using the JCVSReport.jar located in the lib directory. The problem is that this
> jar is not being regenerated.
>
> Let me know what you think.
> Thanks a lot,
> Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for writing! I think your problem was caused by a bug in my
'JCVSReport' shell script -- I forgot to include the "src" directory
in the classpath. The latest version of JCVSReport (announced on the
bulletin board on Mar. 23) includes this fix and also a fix to the
database.ddl file to fix a bug in Bloof.

This is what the JCVSReport shell script should look like:
java -cp "dest:src:lib/JCVSReport.jar" ca.utoronto.JCVSReport.Presentation $*

(Notice that the 'src' directory is included in there before the
JCVSReport.jar directory, so if my shell script is working propertly, it
should use your database.ddl file in src/net/sf/bloof/db)

To test whether modifying the database.ddl file is working, try the
following commands:
mv src/net/sf/bloof/db/database.ddl src/net/sf/bloof/db/database.bak
echo BROKEN SQL STATEMENT > src/net/sf/bloof/db/database.ddl

Let me know whether that works for you. Hope it helps!

Cheers,

David

http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~james/

P.S. Are you using Eclipse for development? If so, it is often easier
to use Eclipse's facilities for compilation rather than my Ant script.

--
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~james