Fwd: Generating Stats on the entire CVS repository rather than by project

1 view

David James

Apr 21, 2005, 12:10:16 AM4/21/05
to JCVSR...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David James <jam...@gmail.com>
Date: Mar 31, 2005 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: JCVSReport - Question
To: "Vender, Joshua P" <Joshua...@eaton.com>

> I recently started generating metrics reports with JCVSReport
> and really find it to be one of the better metrics applications.
That's great! I'm glad you like it.

> Im going to take a look at the code now, but thought Id inquire first.
>
> I have a question. Is there any way to generate a report on an entire CVS
> repository rather than by project?
Nope, JCVSReport doesn't support that feature yet. But it's probably
not too hard to add that feature.

In the two getCvsLogData functions in
ca.utoronto.JCVSReport.cvsPlugin, we use 'cvs rlog' to get the logs
for a particular module from the CVS repository. If you wanted to get
the logs for all the files in the CVS repository, all you'd have to do
is run 'cvs log' instead without specifying a module. The other
functions should work as is, I believe.

> Thanks for your help and this great tool.
I'm happy to hear from you. Let me know if there's anything else I can
do to help.

Cheers,

David

--