JBoss AS 6.0.0.M5 released

Jaikiran

Sep 25, 2010, 11:47:51 AM9/25/10
to JBoss User Group - Pune
Hello everyone,

JBoss AS 6.0.0.M5 has just been released
http://community.jboss.org/blogs/donnamishelly/2010/09/24/jboss-as-600m5-released.
This is mainly a bug fix release, in preparation for the upcoming
JBoss AS 6.0.0.CR1 release http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-development/2010-September/016606.html.

From the perspective of JBoss EJB3.x changes, there have been many
user reported and other EJB3.x bug fixes that have been included JBoss
AS 6.0.0.M5. Other than the bug fixes, there has been one important
change to the way we deploy (our internal) JBoss EJB3.x timerservice.
This change involves deploying (our internal) timerservice
implementation "lazily". The timerservice is deployed only when the
server has any EJB3.x deployments. The change was done to improve the
JBoss AS boot time. We have explained the complete details of this
change in the wiki here http://community.jboss.org/wiki/LazyEJB31timerservicedeploymentstartingJBossAS600M5.

So as always, go download the server from here http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads.html
and give it a try! Any issues/questions can always be asked in our
user forum here http://community.jboss.org/community/jbossas?view=discussions

regards,
-Jaikiran