A Message from Sylvia Cyrus-Albritton, Managing Editor, JAAH

Journal of African American History

Jun 15, 2006, 11:16:40 AM6/15/06
to JAAH Listserv
Dear Friend of the JAAH,

We hope that your summer is off to a great start!

2006 marks the 90th Anniversary of the Journal of African American
History and we are planning a major recognition of this milestone. Plan
to attend the JAAH reception on Thursday, September 28th at the Hilton
Atlanta. This event is one of the ways that the JAAH is finacially
supported. If you will not be able to attend, you can take out an ad or
make a donation to the JAAH. Your support will be greatly appreciated.
VP Franklin is back in New Orleans and has been facing the challenges
of the new NOLA. Keep him in your prayers.

ASALH will host its 91st Annual Convention in Atlanta this fall. The
dates are September 27-October 1, 2006. We want everyone to come and
take part in this historic ocasion. The Call for Papers deadline has
been extended to ensure that all who want to participate may do so.
Submit your proposal on line at www.asalh.org. If you have any
questions, please contact Tammy Sanders at pro...@asalh.net or at
202-865-0053.

In order to take part in the conference your membership and
registration fee must be paid by August 1. Submissions by this date
will be printed in our program booklet. All members recieve an annual
subscription to the JAAH.

Best regards,

Sylvia Cyrus-Albritton
Managing Editor