Job: UX/UI Designer for Friendseek

Claudia Oster

Jun 14, 2017, 2:23:21 PM6/14/17
to IxDA Vienna
Hi,
Nikolas joined us yesterday at the Interaction Design Stammtisch and asked if we could share his job offer.
Check out the details below.
Regards, Claudia

Dear UX-Meetup community,

I already presented this yesterday at the UX-meetup, but since some of you were not there or had to leave earlier, I wanted to share our job offer here, as well:

Synexit, a Vienna-based 6 person startup, is looking for a skilled UI/UX-designer. We are the makers of a social network / matchmaking site called friendseek. Unlike Facebook we do not let people recreate their existing social circles online, but let them look for new people based on their interests and hobbies. Think of us as the LinkedIn of leisure.

We also implement the technology behind friendseek as a white-label solution at different companies and organizations (e.g. RUEFA, Wiener Tennisverband or Österreichische Naturfreunde).

Over the last five years, we have managed to acquire about 80.000 registered users in Austria. We have recently convinced an investor of the potential of our product and have secured a substantial financial injection. That's why, we are now in the comfortable position of being able to rethink our past UI/UX decisions. That means, that your task as a designer would be to re-imagine our entire frontend from the ground up. You'd have a lot of freedom and few restrictions, so basically any UX-designer's dream. :-)

We would prefer somebody willing to work full-time, but if you fit our needs perfectly, we will be able to hammer out some part-time deal. Starting date is basically asap, but again, we are quite flexible if you're a good fit. Your salary would really depend on the skills and experience you bring to the table. We are, however, willing to pay above market average. If you can convince us, for example, that you are the ultimate UX guru, we will pay you accordingly.

If you are interested or know somebody who might be, feel free to share this text or contact me directly at ni...@synexit.com. Please, include your cv, a short cover letter and ideally an online portfolio of your work.

Cheers,

Nikolas