Transferring from Ancestry, My Heritage or 23andMe TO FTDNA

Cheri Mello

Mar 4, 2021, 3:03:06 PM3/4/21
to Island...@googlegroups.com

Three #1s are listed, so pick your DNA testing company!

1) Download the raw data from Ancestry DNA:
https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/Downloading-Raw-DNA-Data-1460089696533

OR

1) Download the raw data from My Heritage:

https://faq.myheritage.com/DNA/Manage-DNA-/951697461/How-do-I-download-my-raw-DNA-data-file-from-MyHeritage.htm

OR

1) Down the raw data from 23 and Me (v.3, v.4, and v.5):

https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/en-us/articles/212196868-Accessing-and-Downloading-Your-Raw-Data

THEN

2) While waiting for the file to be compiled and emailed, create an account on FTDNA:
https://www.familytreedna.com/autosomal-transfer

3) Download the raw data file that is in the email. Hopefully, it downloads to the Download folder or the Desktop.

4) Upload the raw data to the FTDNA page. Then join the Azores DNA project (or Madeira, if you are Madeiran or both if you are both).

            i) Log into the FTDNA page with the kit number and password.

ii) Across the top is says: myFTDNA, DNA Tests, Projects....Point at Projects. When the drop down menu appears, click "Join a project."

iii) If the Azores Islands (or Madeira) appears on the top, click the link and scroll down to the JOIN button at the end.

iv) If the Azores Islands (or Madeira) is not suggested, scroll down to where it says "Search by Surname" and type: azores (or madeira).

             v) When Azores Islands (or Madeira) appears, click the link and follow the directions.

NOTE: If the AncestryDNA is wonky and won't take the file, use this converter tool:
http://www.mapmy23.com/tools/ancestry_ftdna_fix.php

Thanks, Cheri Mello, Family Tree DNA Admin (volunteer), Azores DNA Project