Transferring to My Heritage from Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) for free

Cheri Mello

Oct 26, 2021, 12:32:08 PM10/26/21
to Azores Genealogy, madeira-...@googlegroups.com, Island...@googlegroups.com

(Cross-posted to Azores, Madeira, and IslandRoutes lists)

How to Transfer to My Heritage and get your matches for free. Beside participating in Leah Larkin's endogamy study, you'll be fishing for more cousins in another pond!

1a) Download the raw data from FTDNA (you may have more buttons in your row depending on the size of your computer screen):

image.png

1b) You want the Concatenated file (it means both the autosomal and the X together in one file):

image.png

2) While waiting for the file to be compiled and emailed, create an account on My Heritage:
https://www.myheritage.com/dna/upload

3) Download the raw data file that is in the email. Hopefully, it downloads to the Download folder or the Desktop.

4) Upload the raw data to the My Heritage page. Depending on how many kits are bumping through their system, it could take anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days.

Hope this helps,