My Heritage DNA sale for $39 USD ends Friday, November 27th

1 view

Cheri Mello

Nov 22, 2020, 10:51:45 AM11/22/20
to Azores Genealogy, madeira-...@googlegroups.com, Island...@googlegroups.com
(Cross posted announcement to Azores, Madeira, and IslandRoutes lists)

My Heritage is having a DNA sale through Friday, November 27th. Their test is normally $79 and is on sale for $39 USD. Shipping on one kit is $12 USD. If you order 2 kits, shipping is free.

The only product that My Heritage offers is the autosomal DNA test, which traces a test taker's lineage back about 200 years from his/her birth (i.e. The test taker was born in 1950, so they have DNA in them to about 1750).

After testing at My Heritage, you can download your raw data and transfer it to Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) for free. Matching is also free. To get the tools and ethnicity estimates is $19 USD. So for $58 USD you have full access to 2 DNA databases with all their tools!

(FTDNA's current sale on the same test is $59 through November 25th. You can download your raw data and upload it to My Heritage for free and get matching, however, to unlock their tools is $29. So that's $88. You save at least $30 by doing it the other direction. NOTE: I didn't include shipping in my math).

P.S. Last year, FTDNA started another sale right after American Thanksgiving. They may do the same this year. It could start Nov. 30 or December 1st. They don't tell us admins anything about sales.

Cheri Mello, Family Tree DNA Administrator (volunteer)