Free DNA lecture, Tues, Feb 1st, 5 pm PT, 6pm MT, 7pm CT, 8 PT ET

Cheri Mello

Jan 31, 2022, 1:16:47 PM1/31/22
to Azores Genealogy, madeira-...@googlegroups.com, Island...@googlegroups.com
(Cross posted to Azores, Madeira, and IslandRoutes lists)

The San Angelo (Texas) Genealogical and Historical Society is having a free virtual lecture on DNA, on Tuesday, Feb. 1st at 5 pm Pacific/ 6 pm Mountain/ 7 pm Central/ 8 pm Eastern. It will be given by Janine Cloud, who is an employee at Family Tree DNA (FTDNA).

To register for this free webinar, click the link below, scroll down to the 2nd section where it says "Monthly Meeting" and click the link at the end of the blurb to register.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Cheri Mello

Feb 3, 2022, 9:50:08 AM2/3/22
to David DeGrella, madeira-...@googlegroups.com, Azores Genealogy, Island...@googlegroups.com
Hi David G,

I was there in the room. It was recorded. Let me see if it is viewable to the public or their genealogy society members only.
Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 6:24 AM David DeGrella <dldeg...@att.net> wrote:
I signed up for this webinar but was not able to connect.  Was this a problem on my end or did anyone else have this problem?
Sincerely,
David DeGrella

Cheri Mello

Feb 3, 2022, 12:39:40 PM2/3/22
to David DeGrella, madeira-...@googlegroups.com, Azores Genealogy, Island...@googlegroups.com
Hi David D,

I asked and the recording is now for members of the San Angelo Genealogical and Historical Society only. To become a member:

Alternatively, you might want to register for RootsTech if you have not done so. It is virtual again this year, and free. All lectures have been pre-recorded and you will have HUNDREDS to choose from. Most are about 30 minutes in length. Many vendors will be in the virtual exhibit hall and able to answer questions too. FTDNA will have a booth and Janine Cloud, the presenter of Tuesday's lecture will be there. She also recorded a lecture for them. All you need for RootsTech is a Family Search account (free). They do not sell your information or send you emails. It's simply a log in. You can register for RootsTech here:

Good luck,