Question

Phil Walsh

Oct 3, 2016, 8:14:22 AM10/3/16
to Ishmailites
Hello Ishmailites,

I'm away from home and books, and have very limited internet access.

I'm trying to recall the name of a Canadian academic who was an early Melville fan at a time when Melville had apparently been mostly forgotten in the u.s. Can anyone remind me of his name and the institution where he taught?

Thanks much for any info,

Phil

Sent from my iPod

Stephen Hoy

Oct 3, 2016, 12:06:38 PM10/3/16
to ishma...@googlegroups.com
Archibald MacMechan professor at Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia. PhD from Johns Hopkins 1889

MacMechan, Archibald. "'The Best Sea Story Ever Written.'" Queen's Quarterly 7 (October 1899), 126.

Oct 3, 2016, 8:14:23 PM10/3/16
to ishma...@googlegroups.com
Walked across the Dalhousie campus this morning. Wish I would have asked my question sooner; I might have lingered awhile. Thanks for the reply--

Phil

Sent from my iPod