initial symmetrical short circuit power

rupert gillyweed

Mar 26, 2014, 6:52:57 AM3/26/14
to interpss...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to conduct a short circuit analysis using InterPSS but when I try to enter data for the bus data editor as a utility it requires that I put in the SC MVA (1P) and X/R (1P). I have the 3P information and I have never seen the 1P information asked for before now. Is there a relationship between three phase and single phase initial symmetrical short circuit power or a way to avoid inserting that information?

The information I have is as follows:
Base Volt:1000V
Voltage: 6.6kV
SC MVA (3P): 87.2
X/R (3P): 10
Angle: 84.29 (Deg)
Ungrounded

Regards,
RG

ipss@gmail

Mar 26, 2014, 9:49:25 AM3/26/14
to IPSS-Forum
Hi,

SC MVA and X/R (1P) is for un-symmetric fault analysis. You can leave it empty if you only do 3P (symetric) fault analysis.

InterPSS Support

rupert gillyweed

Mar 26, 2014, 12:16:09 PM3/26/14
to interpss...@googlegroups.com