Installation of 1.4.04 version

jcrcan

Mar 28, 2014, 5:28:49 AM3/28/14
to interpss...@googlegroups.com
Following the ReadMe procedure, when I click on install.bat a window appears and disappears right away. Therefore the installation is not completed.
My version of Java is 1.7.0.
Can you help me to complete the installation?
Thanks.
jcrcan

rupert gillyweed

Mar 28, 2014, 6:12:49 AM3/28/14
to interpss...@googlegroups.com
From https://sites.google.com/a/interpss.org/interpss/Home/user-gude/user-guideinstallation-guide
"You may need to modify install.bat, if your Java installation is not in your Path."
If you are using Windows just go to Control Panel, System, Change Settings, Advanced, Environment Variables.
In the user variables create a "New..." variable called PATH and set its variable value as the address to where your Java is installed. For me that is C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin.
You may need to restart your computer after clicking OK etc.
After that just retry installing.

jcrcan

Mar 28, 2014, 8:35:29 AM3/28/14
to interpss...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your attention.

I dit add the PATH as indicated, restart the PC, but the situation has not changed.

Any other clue?

jcrcan

rupert gillyweed

Mar 28, 2014, 8:46:37 AM3/28/14
to interpss...@googlegroups.com
did you include the full stop at the end of the address? i think it won't work without it...which windows are you using?

jcrcan

Mar 28, 2014, 2:12:00 PM3/28/14
to interpss...@googlegroups.com
I am using Windows 7. What do you mean by full stop?
Thanks

jcrcan

Mar 28, 2014, 3:50:11 PM3/28/14
to interpss...@googlegroups.com
The installation was completed. The installation of the Inter_PSS Editor was not possible under Program Files directory. I had to install it in my Document directory. I am not sure that it is appropriate.
I am logged in as Administrator. Do I need other special privileges?
Thanks

jcrcan
Message has been deleted

rupert gillyweed

Mar 31, 2014, 5:33:03 AM3/31/14
to interpss...@googlegroups.com
It should work now without any need for special privileges, I do not know what is wrong.