How to disable page refresh (F5)

DJSaunders

Jan 31, 2017, 1:39:56 PM1/31/17
to InterSystems: Zen Community
I have searched this forum and while there are a number of posts talking about disabling the refresh of certain zen components, like tables, and a couple that touch on page refresh, but there is no definitive answer. Can someone provide a solution to prevent or disable refreshing of a zen page. It is very annoying to be entering data into a form on a page and the page refreshes and you loose all the data you just entered. So if the page sits for a little while and then you get back to entering data just seconds from the refresh time, it refreshes before you can finish entering data, even if it is not a long form.

Stefan Wittmann

Feb 1, 2017, 4:32:47 AM2/1/17
to intersys...@googlegroups.com
Zen pages refresh by default shortly before the CSP session terminates. You have two options to deal with this scenario:

1) Increase the CSP application timeout setting to a setting that makes sense for your average application usage. A setting too high may result in CSP sessions sitting around and eating up licenses when users don’t logout, while a setting to low leads to a bad user experience.

2) Set the auto logout parameter in your Zen page to false, which will prevent the refresh. This setting is dangerous and should not be used unless you can guarantee that the page does not trigger any server side logic after it got loaded. Calling Zen methods after a CSP session terminated will result in runtime errors.

Probably only option 1) makes sense in your environment.

HTH,
Stefan

Am 31.01.2017 um 19:40 schrieb DJSaunders <david.j....@questdiagnostics.com>:

I have searched this forum and while there are a number of posts talking about disabling the refresh of certain zen components, like tables, and a couple that touch on page refresh, but there is no definitive answer. Can someone provide a solution to prevent or disable refreshing of a zen page. It is very annoying to be entering data into a form on a page and the page refreshes and you loose all the data you just entered. So if the page sits for a little while and then you get back to entering data just seconds from the refresh time, it refreshes before you can finish entering data, even if it is not a long form.

woodware.sy...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2017, 9:07:59 AM2/2/17
to InterSystems: Zen Community
DJ

   My answer to this was to place a timer on the page, and have it fire off and access a small Zen Method, which increments a Global counter on the server.  This resets the time out and keeps the page alive, as long as the user has it up.  When they exit the page, the time out will occur as scheduled.  I also shorten the default time out.  My timer is set to 2 minutes and my default time out is only 5 minutes, which helps to handle keeping licenses tied up when somebody does exit.

      John

DJSaunders

DJSaunders

Feb 3, 2017, 8:52:25 AM2/3/17
to InterSystems: Zen Community
John, Thanks for your reply. I will give this a try.

Vlado

Feb 5, 2017, 3:02:45 AM2/5/17
to InterSystems: Zen Community
1)In your ZEN page:

Parameter AUTOLOGOUT = 0;

2)From the cube: Managment portal, System Administration, Security ,Application, Web Applications, then select from the list your application and in the next screen General, you will find Session Settings-Session Timeout.
This is for Cache 2016.1 for others versions could be slightly different.

**Владо